richardw
Saving private files in Xoops?
  • 2005/9/7 21:17

• richardw

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/15

Hello

I´m just wandering, after searching the community without finding anything, if there is a module that let me and other users save private files? I want my XOOPS to have the possibility to save private files (documents, mp3 etc.), which only I can read and download.

Thanx in advance!

Take care

gediminasbyt
Re: Saving private files in Xoops?

Sure you can. Create a Custom group, add yourself to it. Install PD-Downloads, WF-Downloads or other manager create download/upload category and in permissions set that only you can access it. This folder will becomes your private folder. You can create many different folders with permissions set to certain groups. That way users have downloads/uploads available for certain groups only.

Gediminas

richardw
  • 2005/9/8 7:33

• richardw

• Just popping in

Thanks for the tips/help, but it doesn´t solve my problem. I want the possibility for each user to have their own private area in my Xoops. A area were they can upload their own private files and were no one other then their self can see, upload and download the files.

If this module doesn´t exist wouldnt it be a great module to develop

carnuke
  • 2005/9/8 8:34

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

If you install wordpress you can allow specific users rights to post articles, journals and upload files. Then each allowed user can password any individual entry including of course any files that may be atached to it.
hhttp://houseofstrauss.co.uk Resource for alternative health and holistic lifestyle
search xoops

bluenova

DMS?

richardw
  • 2005/9/8 12:07

• richardw

• Just popping in

Maybe DMS will work, but I´m not sure... I have tried the module and can I set the priviliges so that only I can see my files and "user X" only can see his files? I´m not sure about that.

What I want to do with this function is to setup an XOOPS as and intranet for all teachers in my local community, where they can upload/download their personal files as documents, pictures etc.

BTW I´m very grateful for helping me!

bluenova

Quote:
What I want to do with this function is to setup an XOOPS as and intranet for all teachers in my local community

If it's an intranet, why not just setup a file server?

richardw
  • 2005/9/8 12:26

• richardw

• Just popping in

I´ve thought about that to, but I really want to have this function in the XOOPS - of course if it´s possible. We already have an XOOPS running, for testing, and everybody is very pleased with this solution. But maybe I have to setup an file server...

Login

Who's Online

507 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 507

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits