brigarkee
Re: Auth Module for wrapping HTML, PHP, CGI web site
  • 2005/4/23 21:04

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/10

I have downloaded this search patch but for some reason when I try to open and extract it, it is giving me an error, something about 0 processing.
I don't remember ever having problems extracting .tar files, any advice or alternate link for this download?

Thanks!

brigarkee
  • 2005/4/23 21:14

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/10

Nevermind- the link posted in here for the search function was a tar file, they have another link to a cab file which you can get by CLICKING HERE

Just found a zip file as well- Search Function Module

sgfogo
  • 2005/5/6 21:22

• sgfogo

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/13

OK I haven't had any luck trying to use Auth to wrap my download site. it's called pafiledb. What happens is, it doesn't give an error message it just displays a blank page. With the proper url in the address bar.

Any ideas guys?

Thanks

sgfogo
---------------------------

Illigitimus Non Tatum Carborundum

Translation: Don't Let The Bastards Wear You Down.........

Remember -- A good friend will come and bail you out of jail...BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn...that was fun!"

noisia
  • 2005/5/6 22:28

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

Did you switch on the Debug Mode:PHP Debug in the System admin/Preferences/General Settings?

Then it should give you some message...

tjandt
  • 2005/5/14 3:16

• tjandt

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/6 1

First, I must say that this module promises to be EXACTLY what I'm looking for. Problem is I can't seem to get it working properly.

My set up is: Windows 2000 Server, Apache 1.3.33, PHP 4.3.5, and MySQL 3.23.58.

I started out by testing the default index.html file that comes with the module and had some problems with a "Page Cannot be Found" Error. To resolve this, I did a small tweak to the auth/conf.php file as outlined earlier in this thread:

Changed
$auth_delimiter 
"/";
to
$auth_delimiter 
"?";

That took care of my problem, and the index.html was wrapped perfectly in my site.

Then, I put my PHP site that I wanted to wrap into the auth/sample folder, and set line 56 of auth/conf.php to:

$auth_user = array (

"/default"    => "index.php" );

Now when I run the auth module, I get an access denied error in Xoops. I checked the permissions to the module in the user groups, and they looked fine. If I switch it back to the "index.html" file, it works fine as well.

I tried switching the $auth_delimiter bacak to "/" and that did not work either.

If I go directly to my path //galaxy.theguildhouse.com/am/modules/auth/sample/index.php, the page displays just fine.

Anyone run up against this trying to wrap a .PHP site inside of XOOPS using the Auth(e) module?

I would LOVE to get this working, and am pulling my (what little I have left) hair out trying to get this figured out!

Thanks,
Tim

-Page
  • 2005/9/3 18:01

• -Page

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/16

Automatically wrapping up HTML, PHP and CGI files would offer endless funtionality posibilities!

This is a VERY exciting concept, has anyone gotten an english version going?

The download link on their site just gives me a currupt file.

Could someone that has gotten this thing working offer a .zip?
- Maybe with some notes on what you ended up having to do to get this thing running.

noisia
  • 2005/9/3 22:32

• noisia

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/8/24

You can find the download links on the site under

http://r286.com/xoops/search.php?query=auth&action=results

The latest version is from May 2005.

As for translation of the manual, you can find it in this threat.

I have tested if for some PHP scripted pages and it worked fine, but if there are a lot of pages, the auth becomes slow.

-Page
  • 2005/9/4 2:44

• -Page

• Just popping in

Great!! - Thanks!

I had to use a different unzip tool for that one but it ended up opening just fine!!

I can't wait to check it out! (with a big cup of Coffee!!)

:)

-Page
  • 2005/9/4 4:35

• -Page

• Just popping in

WOW, He also has a TEXTDB module too!!

I just bought a CGI script for an employement site that I'm working on - I found an eazy, cloan-able and flexable *text* database script for keeping track of candidates. and emailing you when it's updated.. (I woul'nt now where to begin with MYSQL)

I found and bought this and it seems to work great, I'm thinking about how I should go about intigrating it with the website and here I see that someone has already wrapped up some kind of somthing-somthing like it into a XOOPS mod!! - Really my luck day!

Now I'll just throw this into a little program and have it automatically converted to english! ;)

- seriously, How the heck do you go about translate JP code?? All that Google gives me is garble that even I know won't work! ??

Boy what great stuff!! I just love everything about Xoops!, what an intellegent crowd of cool people from all over the world!

Some of the things that these people are comming up with are REALLY flippen amazing!! - POW!! - I get so excited latley to see who comes up with what!- REALLY GREAT STUFF!! - What's next?? :)

-Page
  • 2005/9/4 19:15

• -Page

• Just popping in

- Auth Module -

Well.. Despite a sincere effort, I just could not get it to work for me. :(

I got the index sample page up just fine and tried to change the directory to ../../cgi/index.pl (where I already have the cgi script running) but I either would not recognize the module address or the address where I'm calling it to... ??

I have to think well, gees, it's only a half dozen file, the answer has to be very near by!! But after playing with combination after combination - (what I really believe was just about the full line of combinations), I fell asleep in my chair at around 5am - or so..

This script injured my tailbone!!

I got the cgi script to show same as I got the test.html to show, (only after I put the cgi file in the auth folder) but I never got any of the pages to show integrated in to my website and if I set the user address configuration from "/default", either by user or group it denies me..

This is a really amazing concept, I do hope that this script it's self could be a little more dummy-proofed with at least more comments.

This script would be a powerhouse if had an administration section to set the folder and edit the menu as Content or TinyContent does.

I'll try some more, I'm sure...

If I get anywhere, I'll try to post some notes on what got it.

Meanwhile, I'm going to have to wait until CarNuke gets a good look at it or hope that someone else a heck of allot smarter than me has a need for Auth and throws an admin on it!

Login

Who's Online

177 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 177

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits