adrock
Re: Administrator assign other member's avatars?
  • 2005/9/3 1:02

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Do the members actually register themselves, or are you advised as to when new members will be coming or need to be added?

You could ask the administration staff to send you their info and picture, and use This method to add their avatar to the existing avatar list, and create the accounts for them...then the email that is sent from XOOPS to notify them of account activation would go out, and they'd be all set-up and wouldn't have to deal with it at all.

Thats sort of my job at SBC...I get lists from the HR dept. and have to create user profiles for different domains, hosted apps, and networked directories based on the information submitted by their dept head.

...sorry...I have a touch of cabin fever at the moment, so it keeps spinning around un my head!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

technigrafa
Re: Administrator assign other member's avatars?

All of this client's members are entered by the organization, so technically they could set a temporary password for new members and log in as them and set their avatar, but they didn't want to do that with like 40 people. So I think we will get by with me just associating images they upload for members to their member profiles using phpmyadmin. They don't expect to have a lot of new users once these main ones are added.

Thanks again for your help though. I will check out that post that you linked to.

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits