fosterm
Breaking News Block and News 1.4 Module
  • 2005/8/31 15:16

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Hi all.

I have looked on this site and have yet to find a module that could handle this. If any one knows of a pre existing module that can accomplish this please point me in the right direction. :)

My situation is as follows. I am making a local news website and a breaking news section is very important.

I would like to have the Breaking News section integrated into my News module.

For example. It would include a breakin news block. This block would include a 'display time' option.(say 1-24 hours). I could type up the breaking news story and then "program" it to stay on the site for say 6 hours. When the timer expires it would automatically move the story to the recent news block.

I am currently doing this manually with a custom block, but by doing that I am creating stories that are not integrated into my regular news module as far as tracking how many times the story is read, etc.

BTW it doesnt have to be news 1.4. I am willing to look at any module with this capability. I tried to modify news 1.4 to do this but my programing skills are non existent. I am willing to make mods with input from anyone who knows how to program this stuff :)

If you need a further/better explanation please ask.

Thanks for your input.

Foz

fosterm
Re: Breaking News Block and News 1.4 Module
  • 2005/9/3 18:54

• fosterm

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/7 2

Hmm.. Since no one has replied yet I will assume no one has any info about this specific question.

Therefore, what about any general ideas on a way to present breaking news on a site, besides just using a custom block and doing it manually?

thanks
Foz

Login

Who's Online

167 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 167

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits