stephenjacob
Invision Power File Manager

Quick question regarding Invision Power File Manager:

Does anyone know how to change the directory size limit? I'm currently testing out the module and have run into the problem where i'm only allowed to upload 5meg into the folder. I need to be able to set the limit very high.

Any suggestions? Thanks!!

m0nty
Re: Invision Power File Manager
  • 2005/8/30 18:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

this maybe due to your server having a limit set in php.ini

upload_max_filesize

you will need to ask your host to change that..

but u can check by using a phpinfo() script to see what the limit is.

stephenjacob

Thanks for the quick reply Monty!

Unfortunately i've already changed the upload_max_filesize. But i'm pretty sure that only has to do with the actual file size during an upload process. This problem is more of a directory size limitation. That's why i'm guessing it has to do with the actual module not server settings.

adrock
  • 2005/8/30 20:03

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

it could also be the time out limit as well....
the typical setting is 60 seconds, so uploading a 10MB file is going to time out and return an error (or not, depending on the module)....

I haven't tried this particular module, but the other ftp modules available all have the same 'problem' of not accepting anything other than 1mb or 2mb.

good luck!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

stephenjacob

Thx Adrock! I'm doing my best to not get too frustrated today ;)

Well, i don't really think it's so much a timeout problem either. I did some more testing and uploaded about 4 megs of files. Then tried to upload a file over 1meg and it didn't except the file. I recieved this error "Sorry you do not have enough free space to perform this task".

I then tried to upload a file under just undder 1 meg (830kb) and it uploaded fine. I'm now seeing my Total Space Used @ 4.83 MB.

I'm not so worried about the files timing out because i won't be uploading files over 2-3 meg. But, i will be uploading a 50-60 of these files so i need the directory to be able to accept more files.

Hmmm... back to researching.

Login

Who's Online

345 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 345

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits