libervis
Weblog blocks and the 500 error
  • 2005/8/29 16:45

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/4 1

Hello.. Maybe I should have posted this on the weblog homesite, but since it could also be a general XOOPS problem I'm posting this here.

I am using XOOPS 2.2.3 and I've upgraded the weblog module to version 1.42 and since then I am getting 500 server errors on every page on which any weblog block is showing. I had to disable the blocks to avoid the errors, but I hope to be able to identify and resolve the problem soon because we need those blocks.

Anyone had similar issues? Anyone know the cause and how would I go about solving this?

Thanks for your help.
Daniel
XOOPS Site: Libervis.com :: For a Free World

-- Libervis Network --

libervis
Re: Weblog blocks and the 500 error
  • 2005/9/2 3:02

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Anyone?

It would help if anyone knows and would say what could cause a block to cause an "Internal Server Error" message preventing the page on which the block was loaded from opening?

Could it be a conflict between that and another block? Any suspects? The page is the homepage onhttp://www.libervis.com (the "recent blog entries" block has been disabled because of this so it doesn't show there, but you can see other blocks it might conflict with).

Thank you
Daniel

-- Libervis Network --

libervis
  • 2005/9/4 7:26

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

Alright, I've looked at error logs (yeah, should have done that earlier) and the actual internal server error is: "Premature end of script headers".

It happens every time I try to load the "Recent Blog Entries" block of weBLog module, even if it is to preview it in the templates admin section.

I've searched these forums and found one another thread mentioning this error, but the only answer was to google for it. Well, I did and apparently the problem is usually tracked down and eventually resolved by testing the faulty script standalone and then modifying it. There are also mentions of possible permission problems.

However, permissions are alright and I have checked that. Running the faulty script standalone is much more complicated (if at all possible) with XOOPS, because what we are dealing with here is not just one script, but a whole set of php scripts running of which any (but presumably belonging to weblog module) could cause a problem. And then again, it seems that the problem may as much be in the template file, but that's where this whole thing starts to confuse me.

All I basically know is that any page that attempts to load the weblog module's "Recent Blog Entries" block spews out an Internal Server Error: Premature end of script headers, and that it is not due to wrong permissions and such.

So, all you php gurus, what could be wrong? I read that other people have no problems using this module on their 2.2 powered sites. What could it be in mine that is giving me this problem?

(Also, the GIJOE's autologin hack doesn't work in my case while it works on other sites, while we're at it. Does my site have ghosts?)

Please, if anyone can shed any light on this I would be greatful.

Thank you
Daniel

-- Libervis Network --

adrock
  • 2005/9/4 8:29

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

Have you reported your 'bugs' here?

It may not be compatible with 2.2.3....
Don't know what you would need to do to get him to adress any of those errors either as he uses the xoopsjp fork only.

Tried any of the other blog modules intead?
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

libervis
  • 2005/9/4 16:17

• libervis

• Not too shy to talk

I just posted the problem on tohokuaiki's site as well.

The thing is that I've been using weBLog for a year now and I got plenty of entries there so it wouldn't really be so easy to switch to another module (if possible at all). Besides, I have checked for alternative blogging modules before and none really met my needs. WeBLog is the only one that does.

I really hope he can support XOOPS 2.2.x fully as I think this module means alot to many XOOPS users. It would be a shame for all of us to be cut off in favor of the japanese XOOPS only.

Thanks for reply
Daniel

-- Libervis Network --

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits