gnowell
Weird pictures in xcgallery
  • 2005/8/25 21:57

• gnowell

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/2 4

Pardon me profusely if this topic has been covered already, but a search didn't bring up anything.

I'm preparing to turn xcgallery 1.1 loose on a site that is currently using XOOPS 2.0.9.3. A few of us have uploaded some pictures to see how xcgallery will work, and every single file we have uploaded comes out with what can best be described as sepia tones. For just one example, click here.

On our local machines, what we see is a JPEG file with normal colors and color depths.

What setting in xcgallery will let me fix this? Or is there something else going on here that has nothing to do with xcgallery?

George Nowell
Longmont, CO USA

CatCath
Re: Weird pictures in xcgallery
  • 2005/8/25 22:14

• CatCath

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/24

Hi,
I could not see the picture (got forbidden reply), but i'm using xcgal myself aswell, and it could be you have set the "path to the converting utility" or the "Method for resizing images" in the "Config Options" incorrectly. Best to use is ImageMagick/Netpbm but when not available its reverting to using GD 1.x and then you might get bad pictures. In that case better to choose for GD 2.x which should give better result.

Hope this helps.
Greetz

gnowell
  • 2005/8/25 23:05

• gnowell

• Just popping in

Quote:

greywolf22 wrote:
Hi,
I could not see the picture (got forbidden reply), but i'm using xcgal myself aswell, and it could be you have set the "path to the converting utility" or the "Method for resizing images" in the "Config Options" incorrectly. Best to use is ImageMagick/Netpbm but when not available its reverting to using GD 1.x and then you might get bad pictures. In that case better to choose for GD 2.x which should give better result.

Hope this helps.
Greetz

I'll try making that adjustment and I'll post the result a.s.a.p. Thanks!

gnowell
  • 2005/8/26 16:48

• gnowell

• Just popping in

greywolf22's suggestion that I switch to GD 2.x solved my problem. Thanks!

By looking at my host's PHP info, I was able to determine that GD 2.x was all they had. No wonder selecting GD 1.x in the module's admin settings wasn't working.

Now I need to educate myself on how to set up albums and so forth, and I'll be ready to go.

George Nowell

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits