dadahman
Adding new users in 2.2
  • 2005/8/24 2:46

• dadahman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/16

Have downloaded and installed 2.2.2

Went into admin index and looked to add a couple of users. Can't seem to find any menu item to allows me to do that? Help!

gestroud
Re: Adding new users in 2.2
  • 2005/8/24 5:47

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

I know what you mean - took me a couple of days to figure it out.

Modules-->Extended Profiles-->Users

ajuden
  • 2005/8/24 5:51

• ajuden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/17

There is one requirement, you have to have the Extended Profiles module installed...don't ask me why....but after that - follow these directions.

1. From the main page, click on Administration Menu.
2. Hover the Modules menu to get the popup.
3. Hover the Extended Profiles link.
4. Click on Users.

Alan
...the price is wrong, bitch!

Mithrandir

Quote:
don't ask me why

But you can ask me

Why does the management of users, adding, editing and removing them, belong in the core? Because it always has been?
With the dynamic user profiles, we needed some way of managing these, grouping them and ordering them. Since that is done in the Extended Profiles module, the adding and editing should also be there.

Besides, not all XOOPS sites are community sites where signups are an essential part of the running of the site. And why shouldn't it be possible to use another, better, module for managing users, if you should wish to? Placing the functionality in the core would mean that even if you did install another user management module, you would not be able to uninstall the un-used user management functionality. That was what I wanted to change with XOOPS 2.2 and you can expect even more interfaces currently in the core being put in individual modules in the future.

(Just for clarification; the questions are partly rhetorical and are not meant as criticising you for raising the point - they are just for illustrating the thought process that we had in this development)
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

gestroud
  • 2005/8/24 15:06

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

Dear Mithrandir,

I think that possibly/partially answers another question(s) I have about editing users: Why does the webmaster have to go into group permissions and manually give him/herself permission to edit users? Is that caused by the Extended Profiles module? And why wouldn't the permission be automatically granted? And how many people aren't aware of this?

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits