pmhoran
Online course/teaching module - Help Please
  • 2005/8/18 20:34

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/21

I am driving myself nuts ... hope someone can save my sanity.

I thought I remembered seeing a Module available so someone could offer online courses ... I guess a sort of teaching module.

I have hunted the Module Repository ... done site searches in every conceivable combination of relative terms I could think of. But I keep coming up empty.

Does anyone know of the module I mean? Or is my memory totally faulty?

Thanks for any and all input and/or assistance

Peter

stefan88
Re: Online course/teaching module - Help Please
  • 2005/8/18 20:42

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Maybe moodle4xoops ... ?

But I think the project is dead.

There is also a classroom module writen by Mith ...

brash
  • 2005/8/18 22:41

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

was it obsclassroom ?
IT Headquarters
Innovative IT Solutions

pmhoran
  • 2005/8/18 23:01

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks Stephan & Brash ...

I couldn't find anything regarding obsclassroom ... either here or with google.

I have my friend checking out the Moodle site to see if it will work for her. If needs be ... she can have XOOPS on her main site and a different site for her classes

I checked out Mith's project ... but that doesn't sound like what I remember seeing.

I thought I had seen the module here ... but ... maybe it was just the Moodle site I saw. It sure looks familiar

Thanks for your help ... whats left of my sanity is saved
Peter

stefan88
  • 2005/8/19 5:47

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

obsclassroom:

http://xoops.web-udvikling.dk/modules/wfdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=2&lid=9

and I found this for moodle4xoops:

http://www.moodle4xoops.org/

pmhoran
  • 2005/8/19 8:58

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

Thank you Stefan ....

EXACTLY the links I need. I am still not sure if either was the module I "think" I remember reading about ... but they are close enough

I am still thinking Moodle or Moodle4Xoops is the best one for my needs (or rather the needs of my friend)

Funny ... when I read the "News" item about Mithrandir's module here ... it did not sound exactly the same as it does on the link provided. On the link it sounds like an actual classroom module ... but on here it sounded more like a "private homepage" module.

Guess I will have to check both out to be positively sure which would be best for my friend.

Thanks again ... I really appreciate your efforts
Peter

Mithrandir

My guess is that moodle4xoops is what you need.

Obs_classroom is more or less a one-way teacher-to-pupil communication facility (that could perhaps be abstracted into giving users private homepages)

You can check out Eton Academy's website for how obs_classroom can be used.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

pmhoran
  • 2005/8/19 12:54

• pmhoran

• Not too shy to talk

Hi Mithrandir

I suspect you are right about the Moodle module or Moodle full package.

When I read the description for your module ... it struck me as more of a "one on one" tutor to pupil package. Where there might be several pupils needing lessons different from each other.

My friend ... usually has a couple dozen pupils at a time ... and needs a program where she can input all her "lessons" ... so if a student misses a day or wants to go back and review what was taught on a specific subject, they can do so using the internet. My friend teaches a specialized course where the students receive a government recognized accreditation upon completion. They all start at the same time and finish at the same time.

I am having her check out Moodle to try to determine if it will be robust enough for her needs. Hopefully it will be

Thanks for your input ... its appreciated
Peter

technigrafa

Are these modules still available? I tried the links above and both sites are down. I need a way to establish a homepage for each teacher at a school. I've tried "Member Hompages" but it is a bit too complicated for them. Basically, they just need a simply content module that supports a WYSIWYG editor that can be configured to give each user a page, or let users share access to editing a page. They also want a counter on each page.

Right now they are using TinyContent, but that means any user has access to any other user's page, and that is bad. And there is no type of counter.

Thanks!

zyspec
  • 2006/6/28 13:53

• zyspec

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/9/21

technigrapha,

It looks like the obsclassroom link above is working again...

I found a link to Moodle4Xoops here - It doesn't look like this is the latest version (looks like this one is based on Moodle 1.2.1) but it is a link that was referenced in another place by the author.

Here's a link to another post on Moodle that may help.

You could also try and contact the author at their new website here

Login

Who's Online

233 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 233

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits