mingteikg
Can XOOPS help me on this?
  • 2005/8/14 10:58

• mingteikg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/14

I'm planning to create a site where I will create questions and answers for users to search for information. The information should be in public and easy searchable.

- Search feature
- Content Management
- Easy to customize themes
- Top Q&A
- Downloads Section

Is this possible through XOOPS? And can I use it on a windows server with php and mysql?

Herko
Re: Can XOOPS help me on this?
  • 2005/8/14 11:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Yes, XOOPS can do all that. You can see on this site: it has an extensive FAQ and 3 download sections. You can find the FAQ module at www.smartfactory.ca and the downloads module at www.wf-projects.com. Themes are easily created and made because of the Smarty template engine, and the search feature is system wide. You can use it on IIS with MySQL and PHP.

Herko

Alan-A
Re: Can XOOPS help me on this?
  • 2005/8/14 11:49

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

I'm not able to answer your points in detail, but if you look at this link you should find a good starting point for getting the info for yourself.

The official XOOPS documentation seems to be down at the moment - there are however a lot of XOOPS help / tutorial links on the web - try Google.

And XOOPS works with IIS - try a search on this site to find out more - there is an IIS "How to for Webmasters" site out there which uses Xoops.

Good luck,

Alan

p.s. better not install the newest 2.2 version yet, not all modules are compatible.

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (90 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits