draj
Import Users database from other CMS
  • 2005/8/12 7:18

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I just installed the new XOOPS 2.2.1 and found it extraordinary feature. That is, it has now the ability to add custom fields.

That leads to an extra-ordinary situation in which people can use the existing user database parallel to XOOPS installation and database.

For instance, if I want to import the postnuke user database, I can add some extra fields to the XOOPS user tables with the same name as postnuke table fieldnames. The user has in the same ID different set of profiles.

For instance if the field email is possible to rename and use it in the system, then there is a possibility to use a common postnuke or any other database togather with xoops. Hence for the login it would have

xoops_loginname
postnuke_loginname

with the same email field like

user_email or pn_email
user_pass or pn_pass

Here if XOOPS is able to use the pn_email field for the user profiles, then it can be applied to the postnuke .

As a consequence, if the user changes the email or password within the website using postnuke installation, it will be automatically be within the XOOPS installation.

By this method one combines many installations of different CMS systems, provided the prefixes are the same.

Ofcourse, the encryption methods should be also the same for e.g. MD5, or so.

Also, it would be of a great help, if there is an import possibility to the XOOPS user tables, i.e. which fields goes in where or from postnuke user tables >>> XOOPS user tables.

xvitry
Re: Import Users database from other CMS
  • 2005/8/12 7:45

• xvitry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

About import user maybe this will help :
Mass user import script

draj
  • 2005/8/12 8:29

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Oh Hi!

The XOOPS developers and community is just wonderful.

In a few minutes someone has a solution to suggest, is'nt that great!

Your script seems to be definately helpful. I was wondering, what about more fields in the csv? Does it import or is it possible to import data that related to many fields or just three of them as you gave in the xls/cvs?

Ofcourse, in my message I was suggesting a common fields for installations of CMS to work togather after import.

There are thousands of PHP-Nuke, Postnuke, etc users and they might want to migrate to XOOPS keeping their user DB and CMS intact.

There are not many import scripts and compatible modules between the CMS modules, like Postnuke Forums >>> newbb and at this point of time, it would be the simplest to have double installation one with XOOPS and anathor with e.g. with Postnuke to simply use the different modules.

But thanks anyway, I will definately have to try your script.

xvitry
  • 2005/8/12 9:58

• xvitry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/8/25

Well, these files are just example, the code is quiet simple to read.

So you can easily adpat it to any module ou field you want.

You have to know what are the fields (into the sql file from module directory), then you adapt from that example the field in the same way.

I don't know anything about php code and it's quite easy to read and to meet your needs in data import.

What you can do is export your phpnuke data to cvs file then adapt the script to import into the right fields.

There is a project to import data from anyCMS to XOOPS (don(t know if modules are included), on dev.xoops.org, but ithas no file release yet. (I believe Christian (frxoops.org) is leading the project).

I'm not a developper, but it worked for me.

Just adapt the variables in the beginning of the php script, and the fields.

When I read it, I just look to one variable, see each time it appears, and guess why it needed and what it is doing.

Not very academic, but pragmatic on these kind of one file script.

Hope I was good help,
All the best.

Login

Who's Online

173 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 173

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits