• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/8/2 1

I'm doing a local install,
Windows 2000 Professoinal
IIS
PHP 5.0.4 ~ Windows Installer
MySQL 4.1.3 ~ Essentials
XOOPS 2.2
and since the XOOPS.org docs section is down, I've been reading the documentation that comes in the \docs folder, as well as the Installation Guide found at House of Strauss.

I was content with that guide because it claimed that I don't need to do any kind of pre-setup with the databse,which is good because I know nothing about MySQL.
Running through the installation of XOOPS, when it does to connect to my database I get the error
Quote:

Fatal error: MySQL extension not loaded in C:\xoops\html\class\database\mysqldatabase.php on line 71

I'm reading through the MySQL documentation right now, and later I'll try manually creating a db and user. I just wanted to ask first before trying, to see if there was maybe something simple that I'm doing wrong.

Thanks for the help!

elucid
Re: mysql extension not loaded
  • 2005/8/3 14:01

• elucid

• Just popping in

I tried making a db and user manually in MySQL, but it still didn't change anything.
I even tried uncommenting the "extension=php_mysql.dll" line in my php.ini file. No matter what, I still get the "mysql extension not loaded" from the C:\xoops\html\class\database\mysqldatabase.php file.

I'm going to assume that the problem has something to do with my setup, MySQL most likely. Therefore I'm going to try a fresh start on a different system, this time with Windows XP Pro, Apache, PHP, and MySQL.

Herko
  • 2005/8/3 14:23

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

a very easy way to work on a local machine is to use the Uniform Server. This is a PHP, MySQL, Apache package that runs without having to install anything (!!), even making it possible to use from a memory key (a portable localhost). I use it, and it works great.

Hope that helps.

Herko

elucid
  • 2005/8/3 15:17

• elucid

• Just popping in

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that should do it! Only thing is, the Sourceforge download links aren't working. I'll have to wait until it comes back up before I'll be able to use it. No big deal.

Also, my attempt for the local install on XP Pro gave me the exact same errors. I think my problem lies in the versions I was using, Apache 2.0.54, PHP 5.0.4, MySQL 4.1.13...
That and the completely wrong skillset! I can tell you why an Athlon 64 will give you better gaming performance than a Pentium 4, and how to optimize your RAM timmings, but I'm clueless when it comes to webservers, databases, and programming/scripting languages!

When I get the download, and get XOOPS up and going, I'll let you know.
Thanks again!

jctsup1
  • 2005/8/3 15:50

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

By default, none of the PHP installers (php 4 or 5) load the MySQL extension. You will have to download the pecl package for PHP 5 & install it & configure the proper extensions then you should have no problems getting XOOPS to run on an system running IIS.
Jeffrey C. Tindillier, CIW
Microsoft MVP - IIS
--------------------------------------------
IIS Tips, Tricks & Resources
http://www.iis-resources.com

elucid
  • 2005/8/15 17:58

• elucid

• Just popping in

^Thanks for the tip!
And UniformServer works great! Extract, run a batch file, start MySQL from the admin page, and I had it up and going in mintues!
Thanks for the help everyone.

Login

Who's Online

182 user(s) are online (125 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 182

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits