schwob
Re: Upgraded to 2.2 - admin section incomplete ?
  • 2005/7/31 1:53

• schwob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/11

cool, now I know how to get my blocks back onto the front page and should be able to re-open my site, at least

do you have an overview of all menu URLs? of course I would need the one to regenerate the cloned templates, too

long-term, of course, it should be possible to get a full admin menu again - counting on you devs

jdseymour

I think if you generate the templates you will get full functionality. Try this link first:

modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=show&confcat_id=1

Change to the default template set, see if it clears up. Then you can get to the clones here:

modules/system/admin.php?fct=tplsets

HTH.

schwob
  • 2005/7/31 2:18

• schwob

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/11

I set everything to default but no changes

but I think I can use modules/system/admin.php to get to (almost?) any admin section - displays many admin links in a matrix structure - at least a workaround

nevertheless, such strange behaviour worries me about the overall stability of the site.

I will get some sleep now (4:15am in Germany) - maybe there are some more ideas tomorrow ... thanks so far.

koertzen
  • 2005/7/31 22:55

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

Here are the menu options that I have in the Admin section along with their links. I hope these help.

<ul>
<li>Actions</li>
<ul>
<li>Admin Index: yoursite/admin.php
<li>Xoops.org News:yoursite/admin.php?xoopsorgnews=1
<li>Go to homepage: yoursite
<li>Logout: yoursite/user.php?op=logout</ul>
<li>Preferences: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences
<ul>
<li>System
<ul>
<li>NOTE: Thes links all assume that your system module is mid 1. If not, replace the module id at the end of the link.
<li>General Settings: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&confcat_id=1&mod=1
<li>Meta Tags and Footer: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&confcat_id=3&mod=1
<li>Word Censoring Options: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&confcat_id=4&mod=1
<li>Search Options: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&confcat_id=5&mod=1
<li>Mail Setup: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&confcat_id=6&mod=1
<li>Authentication Options: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=preferences&op=showmod&confcat_id=7&mod=1
</ul>
<li>All of your other modules and their preferences. Use the main preferences link I've given above to see these.</li>
</ul>
<li>Modules
<ul>
<li>All of your modules and their settings. The modules will be listed with a sub-menu to the setting options. Use the link below and then click on the name of the module to get to it if you can't see this menu.
<li>Administration: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=modulesadmin
</ul>
<li>Blocks
<ul>
<li>List All Blocks: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=blocksadmin&selmod=-1&selgrp=2&selvis=2
</ul>
<li>Users
<ul>
<li>Find Users: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=findusers
<li>Mail Users: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=mailusers
<li>Users Ranks: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=userrank
<li>Groups: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=groups
</ul>
<li>Misc.Tools
<ul>
<li>Banners: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=banners
<li>Images: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=images
<li>Smilies: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=smilies
<li>Avatars: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=avatars
<li>Templates: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=tplsets
<li>Comments: yoursite/modules/system/admin.php?fct=comments
</ul>
</ul>

Side Note: I think that the display of the HTML code is a bug in newbb/cbb (whichever is being used here). It displays fine in preview, but not when posted. I will need to log that bug shortly.
[size=x-small]Be the change you wish to see in the world.
-Ghandi[/size]

CiberEspia

I have the same problem witch admin links( after of upgrade x2.0.13 to x2.2)
Resized Image
help?
Mario Burga
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
>>Adictoshp.org|Web Blog<<
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ninja
  • 2005/8/3 1:14

• ninja

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/5/27

I encountered the same problem - no menu link for module administration, no misc tools, ...etc

i tried going straight to it and got this error:

Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_START already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 43
Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_END already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 44
Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_EQUAL already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 45
Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_CONTAIN already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 46

Private message link doesn't show in user profile, but shows in search result, when click to pm, got this error

Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_START already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 43
Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_END already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 44
Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_EQUAL already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 45
Notice [PHP]: Constant XOOPS_MATCH_CONTAIN already defined in file class/xoopsform/formselectmatchoption.php line 46

areamike
  • 2005/8/3 18:49

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

WOW! I read through this whole post and found NOTHING to help my problem. It looked like the same sort of problems I am having, but no solution here..

2.0.13 to 2.2 upgrade has broken my site.
I have NO information on front page and I cannot get into admin area. Only a blank page.

None of my modules work other than News and forums that I can tell. Gallery is broke.

http://www.fauxpas.org

Turned on debugging and I get.
Notice [PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 566
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 566
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file include/functions.php line 566
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 249
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 397
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 249
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 256
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 397
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/profile.php line 93
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 771
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file include/common.php line 215
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 803
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 212
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 113
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 113
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 108
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 108
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 97
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 97
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 803
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/configitem.php line 212
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/module.textsanitizer.php line 285
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/object.php line 289
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variables should be assigned by reference in file kernel/blockinstance.php line 169
Notice 
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file class/database/mysqldatabase.php line 256
Notice 
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/block.php line 178
Notice 
[PHP]: Only variable references should be returned by reference in file kernel/module.php line 171

Is this fixable? I've never had a problem with a XOOPS upgrade before this one. But I see A LOT of other peopel having similar problems with this upgrade.

I also got these bits of info in RED when I ran the update script
Adding user profile fields...

ERRORCould not insert field umode into the databaseTable 'areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field uorder into the database. Table '
areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR
Could not insert field notify_method into the databaseTable 'areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field notify_mode into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field user_regdate into the databaseTable 'areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field posts into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field attachsig into the databaseTable 'areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field timezone_offset into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field user_mailok into the databaseTable 'areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field theme into the database. Table '
  ERROR
Could not insert field actkey into the databaseTable 'areamike.x2c95d_user_profile' doesn't exist
  ERROR: Could not insert field last_login into the database. Table '

Will_H
  • 2005/8/4 8:50

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

... well i think that everyone who went to 2.2 has the same admin.php. I certainly miss the old one as well. but if your site completely crashed it sounds like you may have fouled up ye olde upgrade.

Unfortuneatly, when you upgrade to an unstable version these are the things you must deal with.

Login

Who's Online

251 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 251

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits