draj
Multisites: Xoops 2.0.13 does not work
  • 2005/7/25 12:56

• draj

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/6/23

Hallo!

I installed a clean db und further installed XOOPS 2.0.13 with all the modules and themes.

I updated the files for XOOPS 2.0.10 multisite (by Mithrandir) in the class, include and modules directory. Also I carefully updated the mainfile as suggested (for. e.g. Rescue URL, etc).

Thereafer I can log in the administration. But I cannot click on any big logo for the module installation on the left side. The small logo on the right is clickable for the install.

If I click on this small logo / graphic on the right, if offers to start installation. If I click on it, is gives an error and does not install. There is no description of the error.

Further, after applying this Hack, I am not able to change anything in the admin like select theme of choose option for debugging. It seems that XOOPS have locked itself due to the multisite patch.

This is on all the modules that the links are non clickable.

Did anyone try to work with the 2.0.13 xoops?

I would like to have one XOOPS installation and create many websites from subdomains sharing user database and dissimilar themes.

Also, I wonder it each subdomains could point to a different modules. Since I am not able to install it, I cannot see it.

Php ver: 4.3.17...I did not see any errors in the mysql.log.

Any answers, probably from Mitrandir?

Thanks in advance.

Mithrandir
Re: Multisites: Xoops 2.0.13 does not work

The multisite hack is not updated for XOOPS 2.0.10+

I'll have a new version out for XOOPS 2.2
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

m0nty
  • 2005/7/25 13:10

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it doesn't work with 2.0.13, that's why it's for 2.0.10.. lol but it doesn't work on 2.0.10 either.. if you read the 2.0.10 multisites thread.

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37903&viewmode=flat&order=ASC&start=0

draj
  • 2005/7/25 14:35

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hallo!

I thought it is already developed as there is a multisite version 2.0.10. Thats for you promt help.

BTW, are you using this wonderful module on your website? If yes, then maybe the older one for 2.0.9 or?

Thanks for your reply.

Deepak

draj
  • 2005/7/25 14:38

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hallo Mithrandir!

Thanks.

Well, I shall have to withdraw from my promise I made to a non-profit organisation, for whom I work for free, in regards to this installation until you finish the new module multisites.

BTW, since you noted about this thread, I have some questions to you:

1. It would be very helpful, if different subdomains could be pointed to different subsites. For instance,

a.germany.de >>> Module News
b.germany.de >>> Module mylinks

etc.

I plan to implement about 70 subsites over one installation! That shall be the biggest ever multiwebsites by XOOPS and would be a star project (In German to begin with).

Hence if one types in the URL of Browser, different sites would not only have different themes but also different starting modules, thereby, defining different homepages for different subsites.

I do not know how complex it would be, but it would generate a WONDERFUL PATTERN of subsites.

2. Module duplication

Is there a possibility to have a module duplication (physical) possibility by a parameter in the master module to be duplicated through the multisite module?

For e.g. I would like to offer AMS (Article Management System) module to each Association in a city with a central user database. When I clone the site, tables would be cloned also.

The reason for this is to have different templates for different modules for different subsites.

Then one can have AMS-Berlin, AMS-Munich, AMS-$table_prefix, etc. Then in the cloning process, it would not only dubplicate the database but also the module with a prefix.

That would mean multisite/multimodule

3. Within what timeframe would you be able to have the multisite module for 2.2?

I must tell the Organisation, since they have some running project going on. There is no hurry in terms of days and weeks but I need to give them a broad idea like it will be out in a month or two months or like that...

I would be very thankful for your answer...

Deepak

LazyBadger

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
The multisite hack is not updated for XOOPS 2.0.10+

Hmmm.... please explain, how it can't work for 10+ versions, if any and all updates touch nothing in changed by hack files?

Maybe, you just forgot to mention "You have to have a copy of site module in /modules and install this clone"
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

draj
  • 2005/7/25 15:01

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hallo!

I did not understand that part and thats the reason why I was terribly confused.

You are true. The versions above 2.0.9+ did not have any major update or changes in the code, to my understanding, that they will not work with 2.0.13.

But I beleive it is worth to wiat for the multisite version 2.2 and that shall be a NEW ERA for Xoops.

I am really looking forward to it.

m0nty
  • 2005/7/25 15:34

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@Deepy, i think practically all your questions are already possible with the multisites hack.. as it allows you to share any table and assigns each subsite with a different prefix..

@LB, if you read the thread i posted earlier in this thread, you will see why it doesn't work with 2.0.10

draj
  • 2005/7/25 15:55

• draj

• Quite a regular

Hallo M0nty!

I do not think I made myself clear.

I did not mean the dissimilarity due to database table prefixes but out of physical modules while the physical XOOPS installation remains the same.

For e.g. Forum and piCal has different templates and if physically duplicated one could use templates for different subsites, understand or?

Also the current multisite module DOES NOT offer different start pages for subdomains, or am I mistaken?

LazyBadger

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
@LB, if you read the thread i posted earlier in this thread, you will see why it doesn't work with 2.0.10

I see nothing, that can seems as explanation in mentioned you thread. N O T H I N G!, only empty words
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits