Tandy
Content Module Decision Question
  • 2005/7/21 17:44

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/8/11

I am setting up a new website and I need to make a decision on a content management module. Is there a module out there that allows one to add a page listing directly to the main menu?

Thanks.
"Tricks and Treachery are the practices of fools, who don't have the brains to be honest"-Bejamin Franklin...

riomx
Re: Content Module Decision Question
  • 2005/7/22 2:35

• riomx

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

I recommend that you use the Content module for all HTML pages that you want to create and don't belong in other sections

Information is here:

https://xoops.org/modules/repository/singlefile.php?cid=94&lid=1554

And the demo site is here:

http://stage.thehandcoders.com/modules/content/index.php?id=4

It's very easy to use and you won't have to use multiple clones of a TinyContent module to create more sections

All you have to do is use one of the blocks provided by the Content module instead of the XOOPS Main Menu block and edit the order of your sections and submenus

- Joe

Tandy
  • 2005/7/22 2:39

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks, Joe. Will be giving that a shot.
"Tricks and Treachery are the practices of fools, who don't have the brains to be honest"-Bejamin Franklin...

riomx
  • 2005/7/22 2:58

• riomx

• Just popping in

If you get stuck on how to use the menus or arranging stuff, make sure to check out the comments on the link I gave for the module.

You can also send a PM and I'll try to help as best I can

The key is this:

You'll have to disable the XOOPS Main Menu and choose the "Site Menu" or "DHTML Site Menu" block to use in its place.

It acts and appears the same as the XOOPS Main Menu. The reason you must use the block provided by Content is because it allows the module to arrange links in the menu independently, without having to change anything in the XOOPS Main Menu

- joe

Tandy
  • 2005/7/22 3:45

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

This sounds like just exactly whay I need. The question is: If I do disable main menu, how do I get access to the other modules I want to use?

Tandy
  • 2005/7/22 3:46

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

Oh, and you are showing PhP Debug on your site.

Tandy
  • 2005/7/22 3:49

• Tandy

• Not too shy to talk

Do you do custom PhP work as well? Hmmm...PM me with contact info. There *may* be custom work needed on this site. I stress *may*. Strongly.

riomx
  • 2005/7/22 6:05

• riomx

• Just popping in

The above site is the module author's and unfortunately, I don't code PHP

You may want to contact that individual, because it seems that he is a web developer

wizanda
  • 2005/7/22 8:50

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Why would you need to turn off the main menu, just have both running.
Anything you don`t want showing in the main menu, just add a value of 0 in the admin module page.
Also if you want more options on how the menu looks, you can use multimenu and choose between 10 diffrent styles of menu and add sub catergories.
I used this as i didn`t like the way the menu looked

bluenova

Quote:
Why would you need to turn off the main menu, just have both running.
Anything you don`t want showing in the main menu, just add a value of 0 in the admin module page.

If you do that, then the modules won't show in the content 'site menu' either. It's supposed to replace the XOOPS main menu.

If you want to try out all the popular modules from the admin side, check the link in my sig

Login

Who's Online

169 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 169

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits