vikrant
Language sites
  • 2005/7/20 8:39

• vikrant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/9

I have a community website in English designed for India.
I want to have a site similar for the country like Taiwan france, Italy etc.
I would like to know how do i do that is there just a language pack to be added or i have to download the respective language XOOPS and install it.
I will be using subdomains for every site.
Could someone suggest me how to do it.
Keep Xooping.

justtupeu
Re: Language sites
  • 2005/7/20 10:42

• justtupeu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 8

I'm also looking for some sort of solution to this problem.. Something like this : Click this button for the english version, and that button for the french version
Vineri triskaideka - contest for Vineri triskaideka phrase

michieltokyo

Thats easy.. Marcan has made a beautifull module ML multi Language that arranges this. When you have that up and running you can write coded text in all your sections that automatically display the content depending on the users selected language.

For example, <JP>this is the japanese text</> <fr> this is the same page but the French part</fr> <EN> this is again the same block for the same page but in english</en>

Then when the users selects french he will only see the french bits not the rest and so on for each language!

Goodluck!
visit www.english2day.com its free

bluenova

you only need to add the language pack the the laungage folder and change the settings in system ¦ Prefs to the new language.

If you want you site to be multilingual like one of mine here

then you will need Smartlanguage

justtupeu
  • 2005/7/20 11:22

• justtupeu

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/7 8

Bluenova, that hack works great, but it has a major disadvantage.. Not all modules are supported, as they have to be hacked first. For example Myalbum, and other modules that are oftenly used, do not have a hacked version that supports Smartlanguage
Vineri triskaideka - contest for Vineri triskaideka phrase

vikrant
  • 2005/7/20 12:36

• vikrant

• Just popping in

Thanks a ton pals...
The idea of having a language site is like the taiwanese person will be handling the taiwanese domain.
it would be www.taiwan.machinetoolworld.com and so on for diffrent countries...
I think adding the language pack in the installation should help in getting this done.
The Smartfactory Language hack is extremely good. Keep the work going guys your modules are really SMART as always.
I am Glad i am using Xoops....
sorry i forgot to mention my site url its www.IndiaMachineShop.com
Keep Xooping...

LazyBadger

Well, really task can be more complex or more easy.
It depends from one solution - are these sites totally independent (own content, own single language) or they have to share something.
And - even sites have separated content and usebase, using Mith's multisites hack give some bonuces - each and every module will be downloaded only once.
If language-sites will share infornation - Multisite hack + XLanguage do this job easy and nice
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

vikrant
  • 2005/7/20 13:57

• vikrant

• Just popping in

I am waiting for Mith's multi-site hack as it will be integrated in the main xoops.
The site will be sharing some of the information where as some of the information will be it own.
By this I mean there will be local news, local yellow pages, where as main articles will be of the orignal site.
This is still under consideration, but i need to be prepared for it.
Keep Xooping...

Login

Who's Online

260 user(s) are online (194 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 260

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits