metropolis
Where to send language files for News 1.3.11 - an endless odyssey
  • 2005/7/19 13:29

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/7/15

Sorry, the following statement will sound a bit harsh, but the whole development community is a total mess.

After not being able to find a current German language file for the News 1.3 module that obviously (maybe?) will be shipped somewhen with the new XOOPS 2.2 release, I sat down, took the old German language files based on version 1.2 and translated the missing phrases. So far, so good.

To share those files with all other people that are certainly interested in those files, I searched for a hint whom I could send these files - and got completely lost. I looked into the Module Dev Forge but wasn't able to find one single line with an email address of a project manager for the News module. I looked into the News modules bugtracker, the latest entries were from 2003 or so - very promising.

Is this how the new XOOPS 2.2 will look like? Having a bare core with no modules and each user will have to understand the depths of responsibilities for different modules without them being listed anywhere? Maybe there have been others also translating the same things but also were not able to share their work.

If there is a project manager for News 1.3, please send me a PN so I can send you the language files. I myself am not able to put them into the CVS where they might belong.

And please clear this chaos, it's not understandable for simple XOOPS users like me.

hsalazar
Re: Where to send language files for News 1.3.11 - an endless odyssey
  • 2005/7/19 14:20

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

metropolis:

Your initial apology has nothing to do with what you state further ahead in your message. This is a family and it's being built by the actions of all its members. Saying it's chaos and a total mess helps no one and it's even unfair. I'll tell you what. Because if you'd followed things around here even a little bit, you'd know who's handling the News project (hervet, in case you don't want the problem of looking around). If you're logged in as a user, just click on his name above and that will take you to his profile, where you'll find a Web site and a mail link.

Things won't look promising ever for someone who asks things with your politeness level.

Sorry for sounding harsh, but if anything is really pushing users like me out is some attitudes.

gehtdoch
  • 2005/7/19 15:50

• gehtdoch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

Hello metropolis,

you know the german support website? You can find it here:

http://www.myxoops.org (de)

There you can find an articles: News 1.3 in deutscher Sprache (DU und SIE)

If you use the search function (on myxoops.org) you can find serveral links to newer versions of the german language files.

You can also have a look to this project: German XOOPS Language Files

May we see us again

metropolis
  • 2005/7/19 17:42

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

Thanks - so my work was in vain? Someone else has already done a translation?

@hsalazar: Do you see the point? Do you think that's how it has to be? Sorry that I tried to point out some deficiency. It was obviousloy not welcome.

hervet
  • 2005/7/19 18:36

• hervet

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/11/4

Everything you need is here :
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1008&release_id=461

rowdie
  • 2005/7/19 19:05

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

edit: ignore this post, sorry

metropolis
  • 2005/7/19 19:34

• metropolis

• Not too shy to talk

Quote:

hervet wrote:
Everything you need is here :
http://dev.xoops.org/modules/xfmod/project/showfiles.php?group_id=1008&release_id=461

My god... did anybody read my posting? I said, I made German language files because they are not in the module repository and you post a link where they can not be found.

gehtdoch
  • 2005/7/19 19:38

• gehtdoch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/2 1

metropolis,

may you have comlete (german on) Sie und du (german off) files, then you can post it at the german support site to update the files in the news (1.3) package to version 1.3.1

My translation is without formally (german) "Sie" and informal (german) "du".

Bender
  • 2005/7/19 20:50

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Quote:

metropolis wrote:
My god... did anybody read my posting? I said, I made German language files because they are not in the module repository and you post a link where they can not be found.

Nun bleib doch mal locker

You said you visited the dev site. So you found the module there and so you would have seen that herve and marcofr are listed as project admins. Just clicking either of their names would get you the profile and their adress.

Even if not following the link herve gave you (even if he possibly missread the original question) again you would be brought there and can find those names there.

So whats the fuzz? gehtdoch told you also where to go with your translations now and depending on the way you did them they might not be for nothing.

The point is more what kind of response do you expect with your initial posting? You said "the whole development community is a total mess" which is a) not true and b) quite offending to a lot of hard working people in this community.
[irony]So why just asking when bashing is so much easier[/irony]

Checking on your registration date and on the number of your posting you are here long enough to know better. While you might not like the response from hsalazar please read it again as he just gave you his opinion in the same way you started this thread while still giving you the information you needed.

So just take a step back, reread and relax ...
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

Mithrandir

Bender said it. Problem worked out. Case - and thread - closed.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

212 user(s) are online (131 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 212

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits