jtaylor
News Module 1.3.1.1
  • 2005/7/14 21:49

• jtaylor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/12

I would be interested in finding someone who could help me with the upgrade of my current News 1.2 module to the new News 1.3.1.1 module.

My site has a very extensive data base. I am running News 1.2 and News 1.2 Clone on the same site. I would like to merge the data from both of these modules into the one News 1.3.1.1
I have customized both modules slightly and can do the customizing on News 1.3.1.1 as well.

I just have no idea how to do the data merge and don't want to risk losing the data I have accumulated over the past 6 months.

I would like to know if it is possible to do this and if it is I would be willing to pay someone to do it for me.

You can view the site and data at http://www.poetsworkshop.net
The NEWS 1.2 module is called "Main Poetry Library" and the NEWS 1.2 Clone module is called "Small Poem Library".

Thanks
James

dickinsd
Re: News Module 1.3.1.1
  • 2005/7/17 16:22

• dickinsd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/11/14

Nice looking theme.

If your looking at merging the data of the 2 modules, you should find that both modules created very similar tables, in fact the only difference will be the names.

Off the top of my head you are looking for the tables called:

Stories
Stories2
Topics
Topics2

The xxx2 tables are for News2, and the others are for the standard news module.

I would back up the database, then using your favourite MySQL editor/application I would open the above tables, copy everything from the xxx2 tables to their standard couterparts.

save and check the page to make sure they all appear under the standard module. The communication between the database and the webserver should continue to organise the data by date value. (and all members will still have the correct counts for poetry they have submitted.)

If when you check the site, all data is in the Main Poetry Library then proceed with the upgrade from news 1.2 to 1.3.11 following the instructions supplied in the 1.3.11 file that you download from this site.

Basically the tables in News and News2 are just called deffent names so that the database can treat them as seperate entities, the data that is storred is in the same format and order in both of them.

Dave

Login

Who's Online

426 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 426

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits