MikeFalcor
Folder Monitor and Auto-Download Generator
  • 2005/7/14 4:38

• MikeFalcor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

On my site, I have anywhere between 300-700 downloads open to my members (or WILL have after I link them all...geez).

My request is this:

A module that will actively monitor a directory that I specify (in a config file, hopefully) and would also allow me to fill in a username and password since all the files on my site are, indeed, password protected. After scanning this directory AND subdirs, it would AUTOMATICALLY create a download in the 'MyDownloads' module for each file (NOT folders, but it WOULD be cool if it could auto sort into categories/subcategories based on the folder or subfolder it was in). I don't really care if it generates a description, but the filesize should be correct.

If this is possible, could someone make it? That would make life SO much easier for me at this point in time. All I would have to do is edit each download and fill in the description and probably rename the download. Any input is welcome. Thanks!

[size=x-large]*UPDATED[/size]

Mantooth
Re: Folder Monitor and Auto-Download Generator
  • 2005/7/14 16:17

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

i would definitely use a module with those features. I have a few hundred downloads on my site also

I hate Mortal Kombat

MikeFalcor
Re: Folder Monitor and Auto-Download Generator
  • 2005/7/14 16:40

• MikeFalcor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/21

Thank you for your support in this idea!

I would start working on this myself, but due to lack of knowledge and time...HA!...not possible.

I have already uploaded all the files to my server...geez...but holy HELL! The repetition involved in adding all those files (especially when they are sorted into multiple categories AND sub-categories) is enough to lull even the most adept XOOPSter into a coma.

Even if I were adding the files in the admin area, wouldn't you think that it would be more convenient to reload the 'Add Download' page again as opposed to the module's start page?

I mean, I am a big freak when it comes to ease of use, and when adding downloads even 3 extra clicks is KILLING me. Not to mention the fact that this equates to 3 clicks times HUNDREDS of files...totalling (since I will EVENTUALLY be hosting 513 files) 1539 extra clicks. Couple that with load time...oh my...

- On a side note, I find that I must revert back to the standard admin section from Admin Revisited (Not looking to pretty on 2.0.13 nor does it load properly).

Login

Who's Online

228 user(s) are online (133 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 228

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits