TwoWorlds
ipboard error - sql error - please help
  • 2005/7/13 12:48

• TwoWorlds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/14

Hey,

I recently has the error of unable to connect on line 35 and fixed that by changing the password.

So I go back on my site and everything is working as usual except the forums.

Im using XOOPS 2.0.10. Does anyone know what the following error means?

Link to error page:
http://www.twoworlds.co.uk/main/modules/ipboard/

Error:

mySQL query error: SELECT user_sig as signature, moderator.mid as is_mod, moderator.allow_warn, m.uid, m.uname, m.mgroup, m.pass, m.email, m.restrict_post, m.attachsig, m.view_avs, m.view_pop, m.view_img, m.auto_track,
m.mod_posts, m.language, m.skin, m.new_msg, m.show_popup, m.msg_total, m.timezone_offset, m.posts, m.user_regdate, m.last_post,
m.last_visit, m.last_activity, m.dst_in_use, m.view_prefs, m.org_perm_id, m.temp_ban, g.*
FROM xoops_users m
LEFT JOIN xoops_ipb_groups g ON (g.g_id=m.mgroup)
LEFT JOIN xoops_ipb_moderators moderator ON (moderator.member_id=m.uid OR moderator.group_id=m.mgroup )
WHERE m.uid=1

mySQL error:
mySQL error code:

Date: Wednesday 13th of July 2005 01:04:44 PM

Any help is appreciated
Dean

m0nty
Re: ipboard error - sql error - please help
  • 2005/7/13 15:29

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

seems your database can't be connected, probably due to the password change of the DB.

check conf_global.php in ipboard folder and make sure the db info is correct (compare it to the info in mainfile.php in the XOOPS root)

TwoWorlds
Re: ipboard error - sql error - please help
  • 2005/7/13 16:34

• TwoWorlds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/14

Thank you ever so much m0nty, that was it.

I knew that it was to do with the database password as i accidentally changed it earlier and recieve the unable to connect to the site error. So once i changed that in mainfile.php it worked but couldnt work out why all the modules except ipboard worked.

I tried changing stuff in the mySQL file in ipboard but completely overlooked the conf_global.

You have saved me alot of time as I was reccomended by someone to use my backup from a week ago which would have cost me hundreds of posts and articles added since.

So m0nty - you are the man.

Thanks again,
Dean

Login

Who's Online

94 user(s) are online (77 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 94

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits