beerMe
"This XML file does not appear to have any style information..."
  • 2004/11/28 15:24

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

I am getting this error when I click the RSS button in my newbb RC3 forum:

"This XML file does not appear to have any style information associated with it. The document tree is shown below."

How do I apply a style to the XML file? I am familiar with CSS but am not sure how to link up a CSS file to the XML output.

P.S. I searched the forums and google for this error; all of the things I found were people complaining about this error, but none of the posts had a solution from a developer's standpoint. Thanks for the help!

Mithrandir
Re: "This XML file does not appear to have any style information..."

Why is it so necessary to get rid of that message? The RSS file is meant to be read by a RSS newsreader (or similar app such as the XoopsHeadlines module) and not directly in the browser.

beerMe
  • 2004/11/28 20:17

• beerMe

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/13

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Why is it so necessary to get rid of that message? The RSS file is meant to be read by a RSS newsreader (or similar app such as the XoopsHeadlines module) and not directly in the browser.

A user will see the RSS button and say, "Hey, what will happen if I click this thingy?" And when they click the button, they will get the aforementioned message and a mess of xml code with the tags exposed, and they will say "what is this mess?"

So I guess my question is: what is the point of having a button that links to a messy page, when the user will need a newsreader to properly view the content? Is there some functionality of the button that I am missing?

Forgive my ignorance, I am learning all of this as quickly as I can, considering that my spare time for learning is limited by my job, family, etc. Thanks!

fbongor
  • 2005/2/10 16:54

• fbongor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/10

Many people report seeing an RSS button that they can push. I have the latest Firefox browser and all I see is the error message in the subject line about XML with no style information. What RSS button? Do I have to install anything to see that?

fredski
  • 2005/7/6 9:38

• fredski

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/1/26

Did anyone clear this problem up?

Mithrandir

In XOOPS 2.2, you can put a rss.css file in a /themes/yourtheme/css/ folder and it will be applied to the RSS page.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

Login

Who's Online

129 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 129

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits