m0nty
your thoughts?
  • 2005/5/5 4:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check out a site i have just done for a friend of mine who owns a nightclub.

http://www.bbtb.co.uk

constructive criticism and suggestions welcome.

it still needs touch ups here and there but he wanted it online asap after his old partner deleted his old site entirely from his server before he left. he just used flash and phpbb before not xoops..

but he's impressed with XOOPS that's for sure, i just have to teach him how to use it properly now as he's not discovered fully yet how versatile XOOPS can be.

Bassman
Re: your thoughts?
  • 2005/5/5 5:09

• Bassman

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/5/23

it's....bright! but, looks good :)

m0nty
  • 2005/5/5 5:13

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

thanks bassman,

yes i forgot to mention you might need your sunglasshes.. lol

msreality
  • 2005/5/8 17:58

• msreality

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/22

Hey Monty --- Cool site for a club....I think the bright colors make it come alive and separate it from all the other club sites I've seen. If I lived there I'd checkout the club.
Msreality

davidl2
  • 2005/5/8 19:10

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

its very eyecatching

tzvook
  • 2005/5/8 20:55

• tzvook

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/2/1 2

Want some "building criticism"...
Site is too bright now, it need some motion in it, I'm not talking just on flash and so (real motion) but about pictures with movement in it.

pictures of ppls dancing will do the job, but especially pieces of pictures, not complete ones, like hands in the air, flashing in the dark, some smiling girls ... etcw

I did something for the Trance scene @ Israel, though it's not ecsactly the sample for you (xoops 1.3.8 site which I find the time to enter maybe once in 3 or 4 monthes, which is more conservative beacause of serving as a kind of portal)
the thing I want to show you is the (small) flash thingies @ the left corners, my designer made for keeping the movements in ...
I think this movement feeling can be achieved (more or less) with regular photos too...

brigarkee
  • 2005/5/18 2:45

• brigarkee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/10

I really like the bold colors myself. I think it really makes the features stand out.

Nice job.

jonpz
  • 2005/5/18 23:45

• jonpz

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/10

i agree with tzvook... too bright for my tastes and it does need some graphics... i would try and smooth out some of the borders too... just my .02. keep it up.

m0nty
  • 2005/5/25 13:35

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

thanks for the comments everyone

@tzvook, maybe we could discuss graphically at some point, as i have plans for my own site in that regard.

with regard to this site, the graphics were very minimal by design as they wanted the site to run as fast as they could for 56k dial up users so graphical content was kept to a bare minimum. the boxy design was intentional too, but i agree it probably looks to 'square', my css skills aren't all that great though so it'll probly be a while till we look at revamping it all.. as i said they wanted the site up and running rather quickly (3 days) lol

in regard to my site when i actually get time to start building it lol i'll be using a few more graphics and a bit of flash, but i'll certainly spend more time on it before launching it..

regards

panigrc
  • 2005/7/3 10:27

• panigrc

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/14

Find new icons that match your site's design. The icons used by now have grey pixels around, wich is not very nice.

Red and yellow colors are very good ! Have you studied psychology?

Look at this :

Red

The most emotionally intense color, red stimulates a faster heartbeat and breathing. It is also the color of love. Red clothing gets noticed and makes the wearer appear heavier. Since it is an extreme color, red clothing might not help people in negotiations or confrontations. Red cars are popular targets for thieves. In decorating, red is usually used as an accent. Decorators say that red furniture should be perfect since it will attract attention.

Yellow

Cheerful sunny yellow is an attention getter. While it is considered an optimistic color, people lose their tempers more often in yellow rooms, and babies will cry more. It is the most difficult color for the eye to take in, so it can be overpowering if overused. Yellow enhances concentration, hence its use for legal pads. It also speeds metabolism.

I think you made the best combination for a club !!!

[size=xx-small]X-Park Greek Pc Modding Community
Official Greek Support at XoopsGreece.gr[/size]

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (162 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits