onecha
Big problem caused by an updating error
  • 2005/6/24 15:57

• onecha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/30

It´s really a BIG PROBLEM

I had installed the 2.0.9 version took from www.esxoops.com (Xoops in Spanish) and by an error I used your update for 2.0.9.1 to 2.0.10

Then I had some little problems and as I realised of the error I overwrited all the 2.0.9 files and I had more problems since for example I couldn´t even upgrade the modules, specially the system module, where I had most of the problems.

Then I replaced the system folder by the one I had before (I had a copy) and I tried to upgrade the system module, but when I just had to do the last step, I changed the system folder again, and I upgraded it and that´s all

The thing is that now I can´t even log in to my website since I cannot see the blocks, just the blocks titles, and I can´t even access to the www.mypage.com/user.php page...

WHAT COULD I DO????

I´d like to recover my webssite since I have more than 4000 pics, the forums, etc... And it´d be too hard start it all again :(

I´m very sad. Hope someone could help me :(

THANKS A LOT!!!!!!!

It´s a school website that I do on my free time...
MANY SMALL people doing MANY SMALL things in MANY SMALL places, can change the world. www.maketradefair.com

onecha
Re: Big problem caused by an updating error
  • 2005/6/24 16:06

• onecha

• Just popping in

Well, Actually I can access to www.mywebsite.com/user.php But It´s empty, I just see the blocks titles (blocks are also empty, What I can see It´s just the blocks titles as I said).

Thanks
MANY SMALL people doing MANY SMALL things in MANY SMALL places, can change the world. www.maketradefair.com

onecha
  • 2005/6/24 22:45

• onecha

• Just popping in

No ideas??

At least tell me that It´s got no solution, or that you´re not sure

THANKS!!

Mithrandir

Have you tried to enable PHP debugging?

We will be much better at guiding your steps once we know more about where the problem lies.

And however important and crucial it is to you, you've got to give us a little time to read your post and find a response. Sometimes, your post will scroll out of view by newer postings and therefore we will miss it, but just bump it up (a simple reply with *bump* or as you have done, with more information about what you are trying to fix the problem) - we want to help, so it is not because of that if we don't reply quickly.
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

m0nty
  • 2005/6/24 22:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

login using the user.php link

then go straight to admin usinghttp://yourdomain.com/admin.php

once in admin, update the system module.

and check that system_block_dummy.html is entered and generated in your system templates thru XOOPS template manager.

onecha
  • 2005/6/24 23:00

• onecha

• Just popping in

I told you that I can´t login using the user.php link since I get an empty page (You only can see the blocks titles)

About the PHP debugging I remember I activete it before that accident happened, but I´m trying reading stuff about it... I´ll tell you

And THANK YOU VERY MUCH, AND SORRY FOR NOT WAITING TOO MUCH, I THOUGHT YOU FORGOT ME, BUT I´LL NEVER DO IT AGAIN (NEXT TIME I´LL WAIT A COUPLE OF DAYS MINIMUM)

THANKS AGAIN

onecha
  • 2005/6/24 23:13

• onecha

• Just popping in

I got it!

Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042
Warning [Xoops]: Smarty error: unable to read template resource: "db:system_block_dummy.html" in file class/smarty/Smarty.class.php line 1042

That´s my problem

onecha
  • 2005/6/24 23:18

• onecha

• Just popping in

/**
* trigger Smarty error
* @param string $error_msg
* @param integer $error_type
*/
function trigger_error($error_msg, $error_type = E_USER_WARNING)
{
trigger_error("Smarty error: $error_msg", $error_type);
}

That is the line 1042

Mithrandir

Hmmm... that can't be the entire problem.
It would be the explanation for only seeing the block titles of custom blocks - or blocks without templates - and should go away with an update of the system module.

However, seeing as you cannot update the system module, there must be other problems.

Are there no other errors, when you go to /user.php?
"When you can flatten entire cities at a whim, a tendency towards quiet reflection and seeing-things-from-the-other-fellow's-point-of-view is seldom necessary."

Cusix Software

onecha
  • 2005/6/24 23:29

• onecha

• Just popping in

No. Those are the only 2 errors in any page, including the user.php one

THANKS

Login

Who's Online

71 user(s) are online (57 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 71

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits