rocksheart
Links Dont Work
  • 2005/6/24 6:17

• rocksheart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/24

Hi,
Im new to XOOPS and have read the documents and successfull installed the same. After installing I have added the official modules and no issues there too. The only issue im facing right now is -

Links on the main page do not take me to the module, insted they take me to the directory path.(The screen when u browse the directory). It is the same case for all the links. Over there if i click on the index.php file it works fine.

I have a localc installation of XOOPS 2.0.10 on Apache.

Any help on solving the same will be very much appreciated. If additional details are required, will be more than happy to give the same.

Thank you
Sanjay

adrock
Re: Links Dont Work
  • 2005/6/24 6:50

• adrock

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/12/7

check your .htaccess file and make sure that your server will automatically show php files if named 'index'.

For example, my server is set up to look for html and php only, so when I inadvertently place index.htm in the directory, I get the same thing as you descibe, or a 404 error...as soon as I rename the file with the html extension everything goes back to being happy.

Without knowing anything about your set-up, what currently works, and what does not, that is where I would start.

Good Luck!
Affordable Web Hosting - Family - Fun!...and not always in that order!

kgmetcalfe
  • 2005/6/24 7:01

• kgmetcalfe

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

or you can do the xsas server thingy... might show you where your making the error...

myself i used the
WAMP5 1.44

read the readme's that come with... no matter which ...

rocksheart
  • 2005/6/26 12:42

• rocksheart

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/24

Thank you so much, as suggested I added Index.PHP to the config file and everything started working perfectly.

Thank you once again for your help.
Cheers
Sanjay

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits