areamike
Re: Seems like GroundHog Day for my Templates_C Folder!
  • 2005/6/23 14:07

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

do you have this set to Yes or No in your Admin Preferences Main »» General Settings?

Quote:
Update module template .html files from themes/your theme/templates directory?

If this option is enabled, module template .html files will be updated automatically if there are newer files under the themes/your theme/templates directory for the current theme. This should be turned off once the site goes public.

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/23 14:08

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

It's set to Yes at the moment, but it makes no difference whether it's set to Yes or No in this case. I've tried changing it in both directions. The problem persists whenever I flush that templates_c folder of the backed up cached files.

areamike
  • 2005/6/23 14:23

• areamike

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/1/28

Quote:

tedsmith wrote:
It's set to Yes.

I only ask because I tried deleting all my template_c files and my site was fine with that setting to Yes.

DonXoop

I have to guess that you have a fatal error in your template. The old cached templates_c files seem to work because they don't have the syntax error.

I suggest that you try using the default templates and maybe the theme (provided they have not been manually edited) and see if the site works. Of course clear the templates_c directory at that time.

If that works then you can reapply your changes until you find the error.

Before I make major template or theme changes I clone or copy the working copies so that I can refer back if something goes wrong.

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/24 7:34

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

I'm really panicing now!!

I fixed the syntax error in the first problem block template (system_block_search.html) by copying and pasting from a new XOOPS download and overwriting the old one. That fixed that block, but then the user menu was blank. So I did the same thing with system_block_user. Then the Main Menu wouldn't work. So I did the same with system_block_mainmenu.html. Now whenever I click on any of the links (such as NewBB2) witrh debug mode on I get loads more errors relating to module templates as well and the display gets thrown out of whack.

The problem seems to be that my default template set and my cloned set all have these PHPSESSION values stuck in them. I have no idea why and have no idea how they got there.

If the default set was OK I'd just regenerate the templates from scratch but they aren't so whenever I try to clone I just get the same problem.

What the hell am I gonna do? My site is totally knackered!

If I want to create a new default template set using a fresh download of XOOPS (2.0.10) how do I do it? I think the default set is protected so I'm really stuffed!

Please help me...someone

CeBepuH
  • 2005/6/24 8:26

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Just upload the templates folder in modules/system from a freshly downladed XOOPS and from System Admin >> Modules update the System module. It should recompile the templates for the System module. Do this for every module you need the default template set recompiled and inserted into the DB.

If you use a custom template set as a default you'll have after that to go to System Admin >> Templates and delete and regenerate one by one every file in the set you are using.

Edit: Btw, download the 2.0.10 from here:

http://www.bbtb.co.uk/uploads/Xoops-2.0.10.zip

It seems that something happened to the repository at sourceforge and the file there is not... available or accurate or whatever. Read it here:

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=37831&forum=1
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/24 9:55

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks for your reply. As soon as I read what you wrote I remembered that was what I had to do! I think I was blinded by panic.

Anyway, I've done that and it's fixed the problems I was having earlier regarding the corrupt templates. My only problem now is that whenever I click on the forums for example (and a couple of other modules) I lose my theme and it's just html links on a white page?

Totally confused about that one and not sure how to fix that now! Any advice?

CeBepuH
  • 2005/6/24 10:18

• CeBepuH

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/6/10

Ergh... I have seen that one. In my cases it was always because I had a poor connection and the css files did not download.

Just in case check whether the css files are not missing or the links to those in theme.html are not correct.

Perhaps check whether <{$xoops_module_header}> is at its correct position in the header of theme.html. Some of the modules you have might be using it to send custom css. But still I don't see how it would affcet your background.

No ideas other than that.
Humans need fantasy to be humans. To be the place where the fallen angel meets the rising ape.

Login

Who's Online

248 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 248

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits