JMorris
An Apology
  • 2005/6/18 23:04

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

Unfortunately, life occasionally throws a curveball on the inside and you get hit unexpectedly. That’s the basic jest of this message.

Over the past few months, I’ve agreed to take on a few different projects for XOOPS.org and for some of its members. Unfortunately, I recently got hit with the curveball mentioned above. Due to unforeseen circumstances beyond my control, my time for any Open Source projects has been completely eliminated. The way things look now, I don’t realistically foresee this changing for quite some time. My heart wishes to contribute, but the lack of hours in the day prevent it.

My deepest and most sincere apologies.

James

P.S. I posted this here in case I forgot to PM/e-mail anyone. If I did, I apologize.

Bender
Re: An Apology
  • 2005/6/18 23:59

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Hey James,

i guess many of us have experienced this in their lifes at one point or another.

You have always been a valuable member to this community and i belive will remain that. Take care of what needs to be done and return once time permits. (if interests havent changed by then)

Thanks and take care,
Bender

davidl2
  • 2005/6/19 0:38

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

And I second Benders comments!

take care JM!

smdcom

i wish u all the best whatever u do JM... take care!

Mithrandir

It's ok to be sorry, but you don't need to apologize, Jason. You have done much to benefit XOOPS and for that I thank you on the behalf of the community.

Whenever you get the time, you shall be so very welcome back. Don't be a stranger and good luck in the future.

JMorris
  • 2005/6/23 0:16

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I really appreciate the support and understanding you all have shown me. More than the excellent code, the community is what makes XOOPS such a great project. Happy XOOPS'ing!

BTW Mithrandir...

It's James, not Jason.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/23 0:51

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

good luck from me aswell james :) as mith says, no need to apologise.

i maybe in the same situation in 6 months or so if i get this job i being interviewed for 2morro. as it involves extensive world travel.. the only downside is i know it may involve working in places like iran and iraq for a few weeks at a time :s

rajaito
  • 2005/6/23 1:05

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

damn... mOnty, you a spy or what??

(and I don't know you James, but sorry to see ya go. Sounds like you do good work and that the XOOPS community will miss ya. Good luck.)

m0nty
  • 2005/6/23 1:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

hahaha i wish.. the invisible vanquish aston martin would be cool..

nah i'm an electrical engineer but i have knowledge of chemicals and corrosion analysis which is what the job involves, so i stand a good chance..

i was shortlisted to 60 people out of 600+ applicants..

Cheeze
  • 2005/6/23 3:51

• Cheeze

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/11/16

Hi James, just want to let you know that your efforts are appreciated by all those in the community. Even though I'm not that active here, would still like to show my appreciation to you and all those who have contributed to such a wonderful CMS software.

I believe the people here feel likewise, and will always welcome you back anytime. Till then, good luck with whatever ayou have to handle!

Login

Who's Online

123 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 123

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits