Mythus
Updater and now my site is gone !Urgent!
  • 2005/6/21 3:38

• Mythus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

I just did an up date on my site ahd its now gone :(. What happened if anyone is able to help me get me site back up please IM me on Yahoo @ suren_unegen I will be on lete tonight

rajaito
Re: Updater and now my site is gone !Urgent!
  • 2005/6/21 3:55

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

dude... you gotta tell people what you did. When you say update.. what did you update? What were you working on specifically? Were you uploading a module or something?

Mythus
  • 2005/6/21 7:36

• Mythus

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/9/22

sory about that i was jusr stressing. I was upgrading from 2.0.6 to 2.0.10. i was given the folling information when it was done.
- Remove the directory /home/mongoune/public_html
- Untar /home/mongoune/fantastico_backups/.backup.1119322381.tgz
- Empty the database mongoune_xoop1
- Import the file /home/mongoune/fantastico_backups//backup.sql into the database mongoune_xoop1
- Move /home/mongoune/fantastico_backups/ to /home/mongoune/public_html

not to sure what this all means just nothing on site now

rajaito
  • 2005/6/22 1:45

• rajaito

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/1/3 1

Yikes!!

I wish I could help you..... mabye if I bump this someone else can. Good luck.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/22 2:03

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

damn i hate fantastico, i don't think i've heard of any1 where it hasn't f*cked up their site one way or the other..

i can't help you exactly with this problem as i don't know anything about fantastico installs or how it updates.

the best way is to do it yourself via ftp and upload all the files yourself.

try emptying the contents of cache folder and templates_c, see if that produces any results. if not try solution below..

i would try downloading the XOOPS 2.0.10 zip and then uploading the contents of that to your server via ftp..

before you upload, make a backup of mainfile.php on your server. either that or actually remove that file from the archive on your pc before you upload.

jdseymour

When I visit your site it is a blank page with a complaint of a missing module. Can you check your modules directory and confirm all modules that you had installed are there?

Looks like Fantastico needs some work on the auto update side of things. I do not think it takes into consideration that version 2.0.6 cannot be directly updated to 2.0.10.

I would suggest that in the future a manual update should be used. I am not sure how to repair this either. Anyone with ideas?

m0nty
  • 2005/6/22 2:10

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

it definitely wouldn't take into consideration, the newbb and news modules if you upgraded them to newer versions.. it would probably have downgraded them back to older versions? (unless i'm mistaken)

jdseymour

Unless of course the database has been upgraded, then it will cause more problems. The best bet would be to start over from a backup. If you yourself did not backup the site, see if your host has a recent backup, before the upgrade of course.

The path to upgrade is 2.0.6 to 2.0.7, 2.0.7 to 2.0.9.2, then 2.0.9.2 to 2.0.10. If you can get a backup, run the upgrades manually in this order. The packages can be found under the download XOOPS link in the community menu under 2.0 upgrade packages.

If a backup is not available, then we must find another way.

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits