Gambero[removed]
[request] PHPNuke modules to XOOPS modules

Hello!

I found a module for PHPNuke ... but I am using Xoops. And I really need this module. So I have to port it to Xoops.

It is a TrillLyrics 2.0 module that can be used to show music lyrics database. Is there a module like this in XOOPS allready ?

I read how to build XOOPS modules but everything is so different in PHPNuke modules. I just can't convert it by myself.

Is there anyone that can help me out ?

Thanks a lot for any tip!

Gambero[removed]
Re: from PHPNuke modules to XOOPS modules

Ups, I forgot the link:

http://www.savefile.com/files/3105231

Anonymous
Re: [request] PHPNuke modules to XOOPS modules
  • 2005/6/20 10:53

• Anonymous

• Since:

Try LyriXoops
Resized Image

Xoops module to use on music sites. Shows music lyrics in categories (albums) with the album picture. It will also contain A-Z letters for easier searching and a search engine.

Will release soon !

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 11:52

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/1/19

hi! just a note: is possible to hack "phpnuke" as XOOPS module to run any nuke module without modifications. Was easy and fast to do it (in my way), was a "really dirty and minimalist hack that works" (like the multisites hack),
(but was just a experience).

I can *try* (re)write the base of this hack,
if you really need it...

[]s,

Mikhail

Quote:

Gambero wrote:
Hello!

I found a module for PHPNuke ... but I am using Xoops. And I really need this module. So I have to port it to Xoops.

It is a TrillLyrics 2.0 module that can be used to show music lyrics database. Is there a module like this in XOOPS allready ?

I read how to build XOOPS modules but everything is so different in PHPNuke modules. I just can't convert it by myself.

Is there anyone that can help me out ?

Thanks a lot for any tip!

davidl2
  • 2005/6/20 12:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Mikhail, do you know if it is possible to write any advice to help convert phpnuke modules to Xoops?

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 12:49

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Mikhail, do you know if it is possible to write any advice to help convert phpnuke modules to Xoops?

No, but I know that is easy convert the phpnuke as a XOOPS module (like a "abstraction layer"), so... is possible run any nuke module (I think)....

was easy make a "poor version" that work(ed).

There 2 topics about it in XOOPS Brasil website and XOOPS Brasil orkut.

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 12:54

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

Just a note: the topic about it on orkut: 4/7/2005 5:23 PM

http://www.orkut.com/CommMsgs.aspx?cmm=182236&tid=10208812

Quote:

Módulo PHP-NUKE (tipo camada de abstração....)
4/7/2005 5:23 PM

Consegui escrever um "módulo phpnuke" simples, já com alguns suportes nativos do xoops, como também às interfaces. Ou seja: utilizar módulos do phpnuke no XOOPS sem precisar alterar o código.

Vou dar uma volta na praia e tentarei terminar quando voltar.

[]!

ah, tive tempo pra criar um novo ícone pro xoops:
http://www.xoops.net.br/modules/newbb/dl_attachment.php?attachid=1112919559&post_id=29649

davidl2
  • 2005/6/20 13:48

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Thank you. Sometimes there are modules that exist on phpnuke that we don't have a XOOPS equivilent. Even a poor version is sometimes better than none

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 14:35

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Thank you. Sometimes there are modules that exist on phpnuke that we don't have a XOOPS equivilent. Even a poor version is sometimes better than none

yes, is true... and at least can be a "start point" for a real php developer. Now im working only with LUA language, about 3 years without code in php.

im searching for this script, but I cant access the XOOPS partition from longhorn, problems with the windows file protection. I will try crack it or rewrite de code, and I will write 'the news' here still today.

Ah! you are a dev?

[]s,

mikhail

----

obs: XOOPS Brasil is offline because my conextion is ok to receive, but is poor to send files to server. And: the wikipedia was coverted to wiwimod, and only this have more than 100MB. So.... patience.

Mikhail
  • 2005/6/20 15:19

• Mikhail

• Just can't stay away

Ah, this fork of phpnuke was used im my (poor) script, hacked by Giuliano Cardoso Feitosa:
http://codigolivre.org.br/frs/download.php/3017/nuke_lite-1.1.3.tar.gz

Is a very clean version of phpnuke that I think perfect to be recoded as XOOPS mod.

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (157 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits