nikaian
Where do I find installation/usage info on the modules you can add?
  • 2005/6/13 16:00

• nikaian

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/13

I have been browsing through the site, and found some interesting things my site could cerainly use in the module repository; especially in the communications module. Where can I find additional info and instructions on how to add these in to my xoops? Also how do you change which XOOPS page is displayed as the home page of your site?
Thanks in advance,
Nikki

Mithrandir
Re: Where do I find installation/usage info on the modules you can add?

1. Additional information - If there is not enough info in the download description and readme files included in the module, the best bet is to follow the link to the author's site (Home Page link in the download details) and look/ask for it there

2. Site homepage - the module to use for the top page is defined in system admin -> preferences -> general settings (Module For Start Page). Note that you cannot have a different top page for different groups - it's the same for all.

Stewdio
  • 2005/6/13 16:16

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

To add a module that you have downloaded, unpack it locally and upload to your XOOPS site. Modules are placed in the /modules directory of your site tree.

On top you will see your installed modules. On the bottom you will find the modules youdon't have installed, but are uploaded. Click install on the one you like, and your done. This is where yu set the weight of your modules (where they appear in the main menu), so you can number them accordingly, or hide them here. You can also rename them from their default value.

Now the module (name) will show up on the left hand list. Configure your module how ever you want, be that adding content, creating items or whatever the module calls for.

As an admin and registered user, your module will be visible by default. You will need to go into System>Groups>Anonymous and check the box you want Anonymous users to be able to view.

Most modules contin blocks. Block are just snippits from your module, like recent news, comments, or what have you. You can configure which ones are displayed in the blocks administration pages. Just don't get too carried away.

As for settin what module you would like displayed on your home page, you can either set up blocks and order them however you want, you you can fo to Preferences>>general settings and select an entire module to use use as your home page. The choice is yours.

Good Luck

Some helpful links
http://dev.xoops.org/ (Module repository)
http://docs.xoops.org/ (Step by step intructions on using XOOPS)

aharon
  • 2005/6/13 16:21

• aharon

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/9/17

Hummm... Are you asking about the mosule repository?

nikaian
  • 2005/6/13 16:32

• nikaian

• Just popping in

Thank you so much for the info. Seems like I may be able to follow your instructions. I really appreciate the advice and instructions. I am going to go try this out!
Thanks so much, Wish me luck!
Nikki

nikaian
  • 2005/6/13 16:33

• nikaian

• Just popping in

Yes, I was referring to the module repository. I have found some really helpful modules I could use. I think Stewdio has provided me with some great steps on how to get these in there. Thanks for your reply,
Nikki

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits