javier
NewBB2 notifications not send email to users.
  • 2005/5/4 13:52

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/8/6 1

My XOOPS send email for example when a new use register a account, but when he post a topic in the newbb2 forum not get the notification of replys via email.

I searched the whole xoops.org board and not found a solution to the problem.

any help will be appreciatte, thanks in advance.
best regards.

Javier

javier
Re: NewBB2 notifications not send email to users.
  • 2005/5/6 13:41

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

The mail notifications works fine in xoops.org, but for the rest of the comunity users with newbb2 installed not work, please, almost every XOOPS webmaster with newbb2 have this problem!

grettings
Javier

ackbarr

Not to be obtuse, but I can't agree with this statement:
Quote:

javier wrote:
The mail notifications works fine in xoops.org, but for the rest of the comunity users with newbb2 installed not work, please, almost every XOOPS webmaster with newbb2 have this problem!
Javier

I have newbb2 installed on several sites and the mail notification works fine in them.
In order to help identify the cause of this problem can you please respond with:

Server Specifications (type of webserver, OS, version of PHP)
Version of newbb2 that has this issue
Description of your mail settings in System -> Preferences -> Mail Setup

javier
  • 2005/5/7 3:27

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

Shared webserver
System Linux
Mysql 4.0.18
PHP Version 4.3.11
safe_mode Off
xoops 2.0.10 with gzip enabled.
NewBB2 2.02 Final with caching disabled.

mail settings: default setting because the site has 5000 registered users and i can't enter in the mail settings.

grettings and thanks for reply.
Javier

pd: i just discovered other thing, if i set the notifications as private messages, i receive as PM without problems, but i can' delete the notifications, i selected all the pm notifications and push delete, the page refresh and all the messages still there.
However i can delete normal PM sent by other users and forum topics without problems.

javier
  • 2005/5/9 14:24

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

This must be a problem directly related with the notificattions i think, i remember when i installed XOOPS i had problems with the notifications templates, and had to update the system module.

grettings

javier
  • 2005/5/11 14:00

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

i just have other questions related, maybe is the key, sorry for make a UP to this topic but i manage a site with 4000 active users and the mail notifications are very very neccessary.

When you install XOOPS and newbb2 is suppose to work the email notifications without touch nothing? without configurate something?
Because these can be my error instead.

I installed the site severals months ago, i installed newbb2 reciently.
i have the notifications by mail actived in the notifications block, i have checked "receive replys" in every forum post.
But i not received nothing when the option "receive replys via email" is selected
I only receive replys notifications when the option "receive replys via PM" is actived.

I need to configurate something for receive emails with the replys??

However the users receive the activations account email without problems after register in the site,
All this is very strange.

i open to suggestions plz.
Javier

rossi
  • 2005/6/12 0:53

• rossi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

I have same problem with NEWBB2 but neither mail nor PM notification works.
I use:
newbb 2.0.2
XOOPS 2.0.9.2
PHP 4.3.6
MySQL 4.0.20
Microsoft-IIS/5.1

DonXoop

Have you made sure that System templates are updated? I had the same problem briefly until I made sure that my custom templates were updated (notification templates were updated and neded to be regenerated).

javier
  • 2005/6/12 1:36

• javier

• Not too shy to talk

Finally my problem was with both, email and pm notifications,

I tried ALL but ALL the possible ways to solve that, so not waste your time trying, seriously.
Finally yesterday i made backup and reinstall all the site from 0, that solve the problem.

Im sorry gyus, but its the only way to solve this, the problem is dued to a bad XOOPS instalation.

Update the templates and other solutions only work when the problem is the notifications options not keep checked,

But if the problem is not receive notifications, even with the notifications options checked, the only way to solve that is reinstall xoops.

grettings
Javier

rossi
  • 2005/6/12 2:50

• rossi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/24

I've just updated XOOPS to 2.0.10 and still have the same problem. Then I made fresh new instalation and newbb2 and notifications work just fine... Any ideas? XOOPS 2.0.10 rewrites notification.php but still noting changes...

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits