Romo97531
A Few Really Important Questions!! (Fast Reply please!!)
  • 2005/6/2 16:56

• Romo97531

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/1 1

1. With the downloads module that is given on XOOPS i installed it is there anyway i can add all files from a directory into the catagory without doing it one by one becuz i have some 8000 files to add and i dont wanta do it 1 by 1
2. How can i make it so that the user can change their themes is that possible
3. Can i make new themes myself and put them in XOOPS or do i just have to use the ones made
4. if i cant make them myself if i send somebody images and a site layout i already have will anybody offer to make my themes for me please thanx!

m0nty
Re: A Few Really Important Questions!! (Fast Reply please!!)
  • 2005/6/2 17:04

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

1.. there isn't a possibility as far as i know of.. myabe some1 could hack a batch upload..

2. use the theme block and enable it for registered users.. then in preferences general settings find where it says choose themes available for slection..

3. yes you can make any theme you like.. and release it to XOOPS or not.. that's where many of the themes came from (user contributions)

4. yes i'm sure there are many that could do that.. you would have to ask and wait for a reply tho..

the FAQ section and documentation have a lot of info on designing themes.. or you could look at how an existing theme is done and change that theme to how you want.. nothing is restricting you from converting or modifying other peoples themes. but be aware of copyrights on images (sometimes it's best to just drop the original author a message asking his permission to use their images even tho you are not using their actual theme)

Romo97531
  • 2005/6/4 3:08

• Romo97531

• Just popping in

thanx a lot for answering my questions dude do u know anybody that could make me a batch upload for the downloads thing im desperate for it! lol thanx again

davidl2
  • 2005/6/4 3:18

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If its media files, then the easiest way would be to ftp them up... a module like debaser cam, I think, scan a directory and add the contents to its listings...

pod
  • 2005/6/4 3:20

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Seems to me that you could pretty easily modify one of the photo gallery modules for this project. Check out myalbum, myalbum-P or one of the others, I think pretty much all of them have a batch upload option for images that you could alter...

[edit: I didn't know Debaser did that... if it does, that would be the better solution.]

davidl2
  • 2005/6/4 3:39

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

I'm pretty sure it does - but it is 4am and my brain is starting to hallucinate... so if it doesnt, I appologise.

Romo97531
  • 2005/6/4 4:07

• Romo97531

• Just popping in

well could somebody please figure this out for me its not media files they are mostly zip files or small games that people have made and some really old rom files anybody have any ideas i already have all of them uploaded to my site just not added in the XOOPS database if somebody could render like the photo gallery thing that would be great the thing is i dont want file hashing thats why im using XOOPS plus its a great program anyways could somebody help me please thanx so much!

MorelyDotes

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
I'm pretty sure it does - but it is 4am and my brain is starting to hallucinate... so if it doesnt, I appologise.

debaser does indeed allow batch loads and even reads the ID3 tags of MP3 files, and creates categories for them based on those tags.

Romo97531
  • 2005/6/11 21:05

• Romo97531

• Just popping in

ok well could somebody make me the batch load that will let me add folders of files please?

Login

Who's Online

146 user(s) are online (94 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 146

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits