TwoWorlds
Unable to connect - invision ... HELP!
  • 2005/6/6 17:13

• TwoWorlds

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/14

This page cannot be displayed due to an internal error.

If you are the administrator of this site, please visit the XOOPS Troubleshooting Page for assistance.

Error [Xoops]: Unable to connect to database in file class/database/databasefactory.php line 34

---

I have got this message before but it usually goes.

The FAQ hasnt helped much so I thought I would post here.

I have just installed invision power board for XOOPS and it was working fine.

Then I installed a skin, I had a problem with it and tried to install a skin before it was all uploaded.

Now I have that error?

Im using XOOPS 2.0 I think, possibly higher but I think its 2.

I tried re-installing the old databasefactory.php because the invision one overwrites it but it still doesnt work.

Help is greatly appreciated.

Dean

pod
Re: Unable to connect - invision ... HELP!
  • 2005/6/6 22:22

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

& overwrite all the skin files with those in your original IBF pagkage.

IBF for XOOPS has some heavily modified Skin templates... you cannot simply install a new IBF skin as you would if running standalone IPB - you have to go in & edit the skin files manually, 1 by 1... & if editing the profile page, don't even try to edit that one via your IBF CP, from experience, it will mess everything up. Download the Skin/Profile.php file directly, make your changes & overwrite it...

If the solution above doesnt return your forum to functional... if you see another folder in your Skin directory, navigate to within that & overwrite those files with the ones in your IBF package too.

Hope this helps.

m0nty
Re: Unable to connect - invision ... HELP!
  • 2005/6/6 23:54

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

you will also have to copy the ipb database file you changed too..

but from usage i have found the vast majority of ipb skins work fine as normal with x-ipb.. as long as the skin is actually designed for ibf 1.3. some on occasions do have problems tho..

u should be able to still get to admin and swap your skin to default by going to http://yoursite.com/modules/ipboard/admin.php

if admin doesn't work and you still have same problem, then check conf_global.php and make sure that it's chmod 777 also check the file and compare the db host, user, pass are correct (compare them to your mainfile.php)

Login

Who's Online

501 user(s) are online (52 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 501

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits