Re: CBB Team calling for members
  • 2005/6/6 20:57

• Rhomal

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Quote:

fdj wrote:
sure they can be disabled, but the code stay in the files

I disagree. You want a 'light' forum then I would direct you to newbb1.

The point of CBB/newbb2 was to expand and give a deep and rich feature set. You cant do that without code.

As for the plugin suggestion, I think thats a horrible idea. Why add extra layers of complexity for that sake of adding in the end. It will just add confusion and add extra layers which add extra chances of 'breaking' something.

There are other forums you can use if you dont want all the bells of CBB is the bottom line.

phppp
  • 2005/6/6 22:16

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

It is pretty hard to balance different requests on a module.
One possible solution is to proved as many as possible solutions (if webmasters do not complain too many options in backend:) )

Another idea, let a webmaster chooses a mode from basic, regular and advanced modes during the module being installed. However, this requires more changes in module handler.

As for menus, some ppl like alitan have suggested some solutions. Will discuss more.

fdj
  • 2005/6/6 22:53

• fdj

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/9/19

I would direct you to newbb1.

well it's an open discution I moved to CBB because some features are great. (i was using newbb1). I don't like phpbb and ipb mod because they are not made for xoops. For me the main drawback on CBB is this "heavy code" underlined by GIgoe few weeks ago.

The point of CBB/newbb2 was to expand and give a deep and rich feature setYou cant do that without code.

I agree with you, but I think that the first asset of a module should be "simplicity".

As for the plugin suggestionI think thats a horrible idea.

Why not ? many bulletin board use hacks or plugins to add extra features that the majority of people doesn't need. It allows to have a clean and more simple "core" and maybe makes the dev. easier. I can undestand people want more and more features but we have to consider that it's just a forum module.

@phppp : it's a good idea to choose a "package" during the module being installed.
As for the menu why not choose just one system ?

thank you for your work !

phppp
  • 2005/6/6 23:06

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

Quote:

fdj wrote:

@phppp : it's a good idea to choose a "package" during the module being installed.
As for the menu why not choose just one system ?

Personally I would prefer no menu at all. ( Forget about it, I know it is nonsense )

Menu, as well as other layout stuff, is for end users and you have to consider many factors like personal favorates, browsers, security preferences (also browser related, like cookies). In this case, it would be more appropriate to leave the options to end users, or just remove them.

The hover dropdown menu is an example, either you provide more options to end users, or you do not use menu (newbb 1 does this way). Making just one mode could only bring up complaints.

alitan
  • 2005/6/7 1:09

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Quote:
The hover dropdown menu is an example, either you provide more options to end users, or you do not use menu (newbb 1 does this way). Making just one mode could only bring up complaints.

I totally agree with you!

Feature request- Bug fix:
In newbb 1 , we could place more than one line in the quote,code forms (pop ups), but now it only accepts one line and the rest of the lines should be placed manually, I think this should be changed. (although it is more like a XOOPS editor bug than Cbb-Newbb specifically).

phppp
  • 2005/6/7 1:28

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

[edit]
Delete something
[/edit]

alitan
  • 2005/6/7 2:01

• alitan

• Quite a regular

I also think Cbb needs a good logo. I have created one before and have shown it to phppp, here it is:
Resized Image

It's not perfect, but I did not spend a lot of time on it either. Just a quick work to give a suggestion for future.

phppp
  • 2005/6/7 2:16

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

[ img]http://farsixoops.superihost.com/cbb.gif[/img ]

weird, the image displayed with IE but not with firefox.

yes, we need not only php scripts, but also templates, graphics.
And we are still looking forward to a template designer.

alitan
  • 2005/6/7 2:19

• alitan

• Quite a regular

I am currently viewing this thread with firefox. make sure you are not using developer toolbar for firefox which disables the images!

m0nty
  • 2005/6/7 3:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i can't view it with ie. i just see a red x

but if i type the url into the address bar i can see it..

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits