Romo97531
MAJOR PROBLEM (HURRY SOmeBodY!!)
  • 2005/6/4 4:09

• Romo97531

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/1 1

I cannot register new users on my site lol this is a problem i tried making a test user and i fill out all the info and i click finish making this user and then it says
Cannot register user
Thats not cool im sure its easy to fix can somebody just tell me how please and i cant register them through the admin CP either please help

jdseymour
Re: MAJOR PROBLEM (HURRY SOmeBodY!!)

System Admin - Preferences - User Info Settings, very top listing "Allow new user registration?" Tick Yes. Check the other settings on this page also. Click the "Go!" Button at the bottom to save your changes.

HTH.

Herko
  • 2005/6/4 7:13

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

And are you useing a firewall software? If so, that may be stopping you from finishing a registration as well. Try adding your site to the trusted sites list.

Herko

Romo97531
  • 2005/6/4 21:32

• Romo97531

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/1 1

i checked those settings im allowing registrations and i submit the data and it says error and no i dont have firewall

Ok this is exactly what im doing i logout of my admin then i go to register and i fill in all the data needed and click i agree to terms and hit register then it brings up confirm data and i click finish registration and then i get an error reading
Could not register new user

I need to fix this please are there any files i have to change in chmod on the ftp of something??

stefan88
  • 2005/6/4 21:43

• stefan88

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2004/9/20

Enable the debug options in admin - maybe there will be some information ...

alitan
  • 2005/6/4 21:45

• alitan

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/14

Please read this:
https://xoops.org/modules/smartfaq/faq.php?faqid=310

damage
  • 2005/6/9 15:04

• damage

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/6/9 8

I am having the same problem, checked and rechecked, tried the hack in the fuctions.php to no avail.

I am asking could there be anything else, I installed XOOPS a few weeks ago and everything was working well, I have tried to install a watermark hack in photo gallery (to no avail just yet), many working modules and profile picture hack (it isnt working properly yet either, and I forgot to backup LOL).

This is the website and I have left php debuging on, you may see the watermark errors, I will get back to them later.
http://singletonstreetmachines.com.au

damage
  • 2005/6/9 15:35

• damage

• Just popping in

PHP debug shows many php files with the same error

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object in /home/###/public_html/modules/system/admin/users/users.php on line 161

This is what I find on the failed line.
echo $GLOBALS['xoopsSecurity']->getTokenHTML()."\n";

Can someone help me with this?

m0nty
  • 2005/6/9 15:45

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

@damage, there was a problem with the photo profile hack i made if that's the 1 you tried to install..

simply replacing those files with the ones from your XOOPS pack will restore those, it's probably the failed hacks you have tried to do that are causing it..

either that or redownload the photo hack again (making sure to use the correct version for your xoops) as the problem has been fixed.. also i redid the instructions to try and make it clearer of what to do.. go here to download the photo hack for 2.0.10

read this for info on the photo/profiles hack..

damage
  • 2005/6/9 16:21

• damage

• Just popping in

I have an easy one for you, how do I run the mysql.sql file, I have no idea how to do it in phpmyadmin, this is still new to me.

I can get into phpmyadmin on the server but have no idea how to use it.

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits