tedsmith
Theme for a computer related site?
  • 2005/6/4 17:11

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

I am after a theme that would suit a site relating to computers, for example with some pictures or logos of binary patterns.

Other than this theme which is described as suiting a technology based site (but unfortunately I can't access the hyperlink so can't actually look at it) are there any others? I've trawled through several pages of the themes here at Xooops, but not spotted any yet.

To date, I am thinking that the themes at www.it-hq.org are the best for this kind of site, but I'd like to see others.

Any ideas?

jdseymour
Re: Theme for a computer related site?

Unfortunately this theme was never released, but you can view it.

http://dpdesigned.mla.sk/

dadoprom
  • 2005/6/4 17:59

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

No, it has been released... but nevermind it is availaible from that site and you can freely use it for your website. Go to dpdesigned.mla.sk than click in the right column on "Na stiahnutie" and you will see there the package, download it and use it... if you would like I can send you also the editable files, so you can customize the theme... So if you like it go for it...

regards

dpdesigned

jdseymour

Hi dadoprom,

Thanks for the clarification. I have always liked that theme. You did an excellent job with it.

tedsmith
  • 2005/6/4 18:04

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

It's a great theme and thanks for offering it for me to use.

Unfortunately, the theme is a little too 'fun' for my site. The site I am building is for a community of forensic computing investigators, so it has to have a hi-tech, serious, sleak and professional look, if you see what I mean? I don't mean to offend, but the theme would not be correct for my audience, but it would be for many others.

Are there any other themes people can suggest?

dadoprom
  • 2005/6/4 18:13

• dadoprom

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/3/2 1

I don't know any other theme... what people were saying about my theme was "it is very specific" and I agree... But anyway thank you jdseymour, it always feels nice if people like your work...

regards

David

Lance_
  • 2005/6/4 19:01

• Lance_

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/1/12

Note: You can convert almost any template to a XOOPS theme, either if you have time and a little knowledge, or if you pay for the convert.

Of course if you want simple free, then it is harder to find.

Cheers.

krystinevo

What about 7dana Jane?

http://www.7dana.com/download/pafiledb.php?action=file&id=33

xueming
  • 2005/6/4 22:21

• xueming

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/2/7 6

Quote:

Lance_ wrote:
Note: You can convert almost any template to a XOOPS theme, either if you have time and a little knowledge, or if you pay for the convert.

Lance,

Do you happen to know how much is a fair price to convert a theme? And where can I find a theme converter? thx.

I knew how XOOPS theme works, is it enough to convert a templates to a XOOPS themes? What else I need to know...

Thanks.

davidl2
  • 2005/6/5 0:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

If you have Dreamweaver MX - you could try the extensions at: www.myxoops.com

MyXoops also has a paid service for theme designs - although there are others that do them as well.

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits