vanchan
Formulaire 3.2: Impossible to Modify Forms
  • 2005/6/2 13:46

• vanchan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/8/15

I have just installed the Formulaire module (version 3.2) but am having a serious problem: when trying to modify any form that I have created (or the sample form), I get only the green 'go back' arrow and the line "Powered by Formulaire 3.2 © 2005 philou"

In other words: there are no functions to modify or add any elements.

I have been trying to solve this by making sure the upload dir is 777, setting the permissions to all and even regenerating the module's templates. The problem persists, in both IE and Firefox... I do not know where to look next.

Any ideas?

Xoops ver is 2.0.7.3

Duke_Henry
Re: Formulaire 3.2: Impossible to Modify Forms
  • 2005/6/2 15:17

• Duke_Henry

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/30

Hrm, I am working with Formulaire myself with my own issues, but let me get some info from you because my form modification works fine.

So, you are entering the admin control panel, clicking on modules - and entering the Formulaire modify panel?

Do you get the screen that lists your current forms, and then the options you have with such forms?

You click on the pen icon for modify and that is when you get the green arrow to go back?

Can you enter any other options, such as go to the form, check status, delete form, etc.?

vanchan
  • 2005/6/2 15:25

• vanchan

• Just popping in

Thanks Duke!

Quote:

So, you are entering the admin control panel, clicking on modules - and entering the Formulaire modify panel?

Do you get the screen that lists your current forms, and then the options you have with such forms?

You click on the pen icon for modify and that is when you get the green arrow to go back?

Can you enter any other options, such as go to the form, check status, delete form, etc.?

Yes, I go to the modify panel.

Yes, I do get the list and all the options (delete, modify, export, properties, user side etc etc).

Yes, that is what happened: clicking on the Modify option returns a page with only the green arrow.

And yes again, the other options are working fine, i can delete, export and even filling out the sample form and sending it goes without problems. Just the Modify function is not working. It is not that I want to complain, but it sort of makes the whole module useless...

vanchan
  • 2005/6/2 15:48

• vanchan

• Just popping in

PHP Debug now tells me:

Warning [PHP]: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/hpairjapan.org/httpdocs/language/english/global.php:202) in file modules/formulaire/admin/modform.php line 257

vanchan
  • 2005/6/2 15:59

• vanchan

• Just popping in

And the snippet there reads...

function modform()
{
    global 
$xoopsDB$_POST$myts$eh$title$data$id;

//$title5 = $myts->makeTboxData4Save($_POST["desc_form5"]);

if (empty($id)) {

redirect_header("modform.php"2_MD_ERRORTITLE);
    }

$url "index.php?id=$id";

Header("Location: $url");
//    redirect_header("index.php?title=$data[$title]",2,_FORMULAIRE_FORMCHARG);
}

Which does not make me understand it. What seems to happen is that the page is being falsely redirected after hitting on an emtpy id. But this doesn make sense because the Modify link does have a valid id in it... gonna dig deeper, but if anyone has a better idea about this... please help.

vanchan
  • 2005/6/2 16:11

• vanchan

• Just popping in

the problem is solved... and i don't think anybody in a 100 years could have guessed what caused it.

there was an empty line break in my ROOT/languages/english/global.php
after the ?> at the end of the script.

Ha? Yeah... this is really weird, but another PHP debug error directed me to that line. I have no idea how it is possible that rest of my site works without problems but that that specific funtion of that specific script for stuck on one little line break. But I swear: just taking that out and changing nothing else made it work.

Duke, thanks... in any case now I can try to use this module which surely does look promising

philou
  • 2005/6/2 17:02

• philou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/5/6 8

hey... sorry for this. It's not a formulaire module issue but often the problem of the trailing chars after the ?> in the languages files

Login

Who's Online

229 user(s) are online (142 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 229

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits