daranp
Auction Module
  • 2005/5/28 0:00

• daranp

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/26

Anybody know if there's an auction module out there (similar to E-bay). I could only find this thread on a search auction thread

davidl2
Re: Auction Module
  • 2005/5/28 15:30

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Check this out perhaps?

http://archangelartifacts.com/modules/wfdownloads/viewcat.php?cid=5

daranp
  • 2005/5/28 20:48

• daranp

• Just popping in

Cheers 4 that but I'm looking to host the auction within the site, rather than link to e-bay.

(I think we are talking on the thread mentioned above)

davidtillyer

Hi I have just read your request for an "Auction Module" did you have any success with this as I'm also looking for somthing like this too.

If you do come across somthing like this PLEASE drop me a line.

daranp
  • 2005/5/31 20:33

• daranp

• Just popping in

None so far. It seems that XOOPS users have to resort to seperate software to host an auction. My problem with this is that (on all that I've seen) it takes you to a completely different area of the site. This is no good for me since I would like to tie the auction in with the gallery, rating and forums.

However, I do see that PHPnuke has auction modules - but I have no idea if this is any good since I have never used it.

ajuden
  • 2005/5/31 20:58

• ajuden

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/17

Not sure if this is what you are looking for, but I have seen this project posted on the dev.xoops.org website. I believe it is still being developed, but it's something to look forward to.

Auction Rooms

daranp
  • 2005/5/31 21:24

• daranp

• Just popping in

Thanks 4 that. I have PM'd Ashley; watch this space!

chippyash
Re: Auction Module (Auction Rooms update)
  • 2005/6/25 14:24

• chippyash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/1/29

Sorry, only just picked up this thread.

I am indeed trying to create an auction module and am in the process of writing some other support modules first that will be needed to create it.

I have released Code Data Management (CDM) and Simple Accounts (SACC), both available via this site and the dev site. I need also to find or write a suitable address handling, payment processing and bid management module before it can all be put together.

Progress I'm afraid is slow, there is only me! To be absolutely frank, unless I get some help you can expect something preliminary for Auction Rooms not before the end of the year.

In the meantime, you can all help by filling the feature requests at Auction Rooms Project Page

Regards
Ashley

Login

Who's Online

91 user(s) are online (67 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 91

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits