PTlooker
Can Xoops do this?
  • 2005/5/30 20:00

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/6/15

Hi,
I long time XOOPS user, and now i want to want one more portal about turism, but i don't know if XOOPS has "the power" to do the following:
I would like something like a service directory, where people can check for hotels, rent-a-car, restaurants, and that kind of stuff on their region, i would like too a customize seach where user can put the service he wants to and his region to search.. another thing is i would like to have some business on promotion i mean..on the frontpage i would like to have the last inserted, and the "promotion business on center...and on search these "promotion business" appear at first place with a different background color...
Hope i make myself clear...sorry if i didn't...
Thanks in advance!

phppp
Re: Can Xoops do this?
  • 2005/5/30 20:18

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

you may try xdirectory module, perhaps need some customization

PTlooker
  • 2005/5/30 20:27

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

Yes, maybe it does, but it has a lot to customize, and thats a huge problem...

PTlooker
  • 2005/5/30 23:25

• PTlooker

• Just can't stay away

any more ideas please?

pod
  • 2005/5/31 3:52

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Quote:
I would like something like a service directory, where people can check for hotels, rent-a-car, restaurants, and that kind of stuff on their region, i would like too a customize seach where user can put the service he wants to and his region to search

I would use the WebLinks module for this, as it is incredibly versatile and integrates with Yahoo Maps for "Map It!" functionality. This module is also searchable in & of itself, which is nifty for projects like these. Of course this would still involve you creating "region" categories and adding region-specific resources manually, one by one.
If you are looking to avoid a lot of manual data entry, you could make use of an integrated 3rd party search module like Xoogle.

Find the WebLinks Module here:
http://linux2.ohwada.net/

Check out Xoogle here:
https://xoops.org/modules/repository...

Hope this helps :)

Login

Who's Online

485 user(s) are online (46 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 485

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits