phppp
Re: XOOPS lite
  • 2005/5/30 11:58

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

Rickb wrote:

You can not make private forums titles not display in XOOPS nor does the icon alert you of a new post in a private forum. I posted several times and another member also posted - with no results.

Rick

Dear Rick,
If I remember correctly, I had joined your project team but was kicked out because I could not spend much time on your project before a deadline (I was busy with NewBB 2.0 final release with Predator at that moment).

For the usage of private forums, I do not know how you played with NewBB 2 but I am sure newbb 2 has the ability, as least it was designed with such abilities.

@pod, the XOOPS forum modules (newbb 2 or CBB) have been discussed at xoops.org forum, especially compared with other popular forum scripts and many suggestions have been made or considered.
Would you plz suggest some critical functionalities that XOOPS forum module is still short of? besides the one "view all new posts since your last visit" function" which has been available with CBB.

pod
  • 2005/5/30 12:05

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

I can't keep up with all the newBBs anymore, lol... as I understand it XOOPS.org is still using the original newBB, and my time spent here is the extent of my newBB interaction, so I don't even know what you have achieved with CBB, honestly. There's just so many, many things... mostly in regard to fostering community interaction.

I will take my board suggestions to the appropriate thread so as not to sidetrack this one too terribly much.

phppp
  • 2005/5/30 12:12

• phppp

• XOOPS Contributor

• Since: 2004/1/25

Quote:

pod wrote:

I will take my board suggestions to the appropriate thread so as not to sidetrack this one too terribly much.

I thought the point you mentioned XOOPS forum module was to "help" Rick explain why XOOPS was not used by Rick's project.
Sorry for misreading your posts. Let's stop mentioning XOOPS forum module and back to Rick then.

Rickb
Re: Mozilla Dev Team is considering using XOOPS
  • 2005/5/30 17:40

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

Hi Pod,

Thank you for the reply and putting some life back in this thread.

What our organization is doing for Techsmith, we will be doing for Mozilla, creating full motion movies with audio. These movies will interview the Firefox extension developers and also review these extension. So what you have seen at the eip/ Camtasia site is a virtual booth that will receive audio in June. Snagit is a product of Techsmith.

eiProject is both a production house and developers of php/ XML/mysql scripts for backend use. Our mission is to make accessable technology for the non-technologist - the content providerand instructor.

The enhancements I have mentioned here are just a few of the backend development ideas we can create - and can do it better with a responsive community.

The "Mozilla Meets XOOPS" would have been a great match and a shot in the arm for XOOPS - but that at present this is not possible.

Can you believe that I have unpacked a version of XOOPS and it had errors in the header of the zip file? How can a develpment team allow that to happend? I know you are aware that the version numbers are incorrect and you manually go into a script and insert the corrent version. This is darn right scary. A product is only as good as the managment and commitment to quality.

Placing XOOPS in the same sentence with Mozilla would be a dis-service to the community and would hope this would change over the near future.

I will be visiting the link you gave me and please know that I am truely grateful for your assistance and reply.

Rick

Rickb
  • 2005/5/30 18:38

• Rickb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/10/24

Hi phppp,

I do not recall your name from the Mozilla project. I may have removed you from the project as we need a commitment and schedule - if the develeper can not respond or reply to request in a timely manner- they are removed from the project. We receive funding and are under a mandate to present a schedule. If the schedule fails to be complete - the funding stops. The Mozilla Meets XOOPS failed to meet the schedules.

From the response of this thread, I placed my bet that this community would be the new home for this project, Just read the interest and enthusiasm. I factored in that we have our families and work for pay - while creating the schedule.

The bigger question is not if the notification icon for private forums can be fixed - the question is if XOOPS is a viable product? Would I place my next funding allocation on the XOOPS development community? I don' t think so.

What we are doing for Techsmith Corp:

http://www.eiproject.net/tutorials/camtasia_studio/

eiProject will be doing a site like this for Mozilla - and would have done for XOOPS. I don't like to think one has to wave a huge candy bar in front of a community - just to get help. For instance, I have asked for help several time on noctification for private forums - not one reply.

Rick

Jharis
  • 2005/5/30 19:34

• Jharis

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2005/2/13

Interesting, huh?

In the future should an opportunity like this come our way who would be the liaison. Ackbarr would is your area? I didn't catch who old the thread was at first, but admit I was a little exicited for the community on this.

don (el paso)

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (103 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits