netwrk219
Using Smarty..I need beginners help
  • 2005/5/26 15:54

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/8 1

I feel dumb for even asking, but I cant find any info on this. I went to the smarty site and downloaded the files for it, but how do I upload it to make it work? I havent ever used this and when I tried to upload it into my modules folder, it tells me theres an error, cant find the module for it.

I am absolutely certain I am doing something wrong, so I turn to the community for help.

Also, if anyone has a tutorial on how to effectively use the smarty engine to create templates, I could use that as well.

Thanks in advance,

keith

m0nty
Re: Using Smarty..I need beginners help
  • 2005/5/26 16:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

smarty is built into XOOPS itself.. you don't need to download any smarty module or engine from the smarty website to use it..

you create your own smarty values when designing modules etc or use xoops's built in smarty values..

as for how to create them i can't tell u exactly as i'm not a programmer.. but it involves > $xoopsTpl->assign('value', XOOPS_VALUE); if u check modules out you might figure it out :)

what are you trying to actually do with smarty for your templates?

netwrk219
  • 2005/5/26 21:22

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

Well, Im trying to see if I can alter the look of my main page to allow me to create a look more in line with www.slushfactory.com or www.ugo.com or www.ign.com. I am comitted to working with XOOPS now, after having looked at a ton of different CMS' packages. I have determined that XOOPS is by far the closest to my needs. i am also in the midst of learning php programming and thought i would apply what I am learning on my site. Right now, i am using a theme developed by a XOOPS member and am using the default template. I want to change the template and the theme to match what i want my site to be.

As far as what that is, well, it's a comic book/movie online magazine. I know what i want to do is possible, but up until now, I wasnt too sure how to articulate what I need, but as I learn, I understand what i am trying to accomplish.

I want to take the different categories that I have on my site and list them separately on my front page. i want a featured news spot, an interview and review section, which I believe I can achieve by using the articles module. But I need to change the layout of the frontpage to include all of that and still list headlines under each category.

Like I said above, those websites have the idea of what Im looking to do. Now, its all about the learning and to see if XOOPS can help me accomplish it in its current form.

any help and advice is greatly appreciated.

Keith

cm2339
  • 2005/5/27 18:01

• cm2339

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/2/21

Quote:

m0nty wrote:

smarty is built into XOOPS itself..
[ ... ]

or use xoops's built in smarty values..

[ ... ]

Could you point me in the direction of what the "xoops's built in smarty values" are?

Also, do you know if they are accessible using GIJoe's Tiny-D module?

Thanks for any help!

netwrk219
  • 2005/5/30 5:43

• netwrk219

• Just popping in

bump

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (95 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits