Jakle
How do you learn how to make a module?
  • 2005/5/24 0:05

• Jakle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

Hi all. I'm new to php, but I have a website plugin that works by it's self and I'd like to learn how to make it a XOOPS module.

I have no clue where to start. I've read the wiki and looked over the API, but they realy don't explain anything.

I figured I'd start out small, so I'm trying to make a module that just prints 'Hello' to the screen, so I've taken the 'Sections' module because it's the smallest module I could find and changed the info to fit my needs. I then placed it in the 'modules' folder, and now none of the modules that are not installed will show up. So now I have a list of the installed modules, but nothing below that.

Is there any docs out there that I haven't found, and what am I doing wrong? Where do I go from here? I have no problem showing what I have so far, so if someone can take the time to help out, please ask for whatever info you need.

Thanks

pod
Re: How do you learn how to make a module?
  • 2005/5/24 0:19

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

A good place to start would be here, or if the results of the module generator seem too complex, try the sample module.

ackbarr

have you already gone through the module kickstart guide?

Personally, I learned how to make a module by tearing apart existing modules, namely the news module.

Jakle
  • 2005/5/24 3:01

• Jakle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/25

Thank you very much for those resources. They are a great start. I realy appriciate you guys taking the time to help out.

Hopefuly it won't be too long until I'll be able to put something back into the XOOPS community.

Login

Who's Online

179 user(s) are online (124 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 179

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits