tedsmith
What is the URL of THE Xoops demo site?
  • 2005/5/21 20:26

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

There's a site that I've visited before that is a demo site showing ALL of the XOOPS modules in use, but I can't remember the URL and can't find it using searches. Can anyone tel me what it is?

Thanks

Ted

jdseymour
Re: What is the URL of THE Xoops demo site?

tedsmith
  • 2005/5/21 21:09

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks JD...however it is not the site I remember visitng. The one I visited was an English written site (I know there's a English translation on the one above but it doesn't work) and looked very different to the one referenced.

Can anyone recall the other site? Or any other demo site for that matter that shows all of the modules?

LazyBadger

Quote:

Or any other demo site for that matter that shows all of the modules?

I'm not sure, that you can find site with ALL XOOPS modules... And regarding English - it's just missing in texts, most modules aren't translated (and I hope - usable for non-Russian foundries)... from other side - I can create multisite now and'll mirror Proving Ground to Pure English site (in interface)

tedsmith
  • 2005/5/22 13:11

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

This is very frustrating. I can remember the site so clearly, but can't remember the URL.

I'm sure it used the Zaja-System theme by 7Dana.com if that helps. Then in a left hand block was a massive list of what looked like almost every XOOPS module. I'm sure it was called demo.Xoops or something like that...

smdcom

you can use:

http://demo.xoopsmalaysia.org

username: admin
password: admin123

tedsmith
  • 2005/5/22 20:03

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Thanks smd but that does not show all the modules actually up and running, and those in the admin section are only a small sample.

I gues I'm gonna have to give in a dn accept that the fine site I saw is forever lost!

The reason I want it is so that I can see all the modules that exist for XOOPS and how they work and how they look and act. Then I could choose which one's to use on my clients site. He is is asking for several things, some of which I know I can do for him, and some I'm not so sure about. This is why I wanted the demo site so I could see what was possible.

Thanks

davidl2
  • 2005/5/22 20:08

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

What do you want to do ted - i'm sure others here may have used modules that may do the job for you?

tedsmith
  • 2005/5/22 20:17

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Well, I'll try to keep it brief, and most of his requests I know I can deal with. However, one that I'm not so sure about is he wants a section for companies to place recruitment adverts. So "Wanted - 1 webmaster, 47 hours a week, £30,000 per year. Address as follows" etc etc. Not sure if there's a module for that.

Also, I need lots of info to be stored for each member. i.e. Name, address, company name, telephone number, e-mail etc. I then need this info to be viewable and searchable by registered users. In other words, an address book of kinds. Now, I know that each user can enter a lot of info in his profile but this is not what I mean. I need users to be able to look at all members details, and for it all to be listed if the user chooses to do so. Ideally all this info would be input during registration. I know the Liase module is very good for 'Contact Us' links, but I'm not sure if it could show lists of members.

These are the two main one's.

Login

Who's Online

488 user(s) are online (55 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 488

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits