Zaphod
Module Writing
  • 2005/5/6 13:10

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

I find that I need to create my own module (Unless someone knows of a simple inventory control module). Where is a good place to find the documents on how to write a module and also what routines and variable are available in Xoops?

Regards
Terry.

ackbarr
Re: Module Writing

Module Development resources:
XOOPS Development Forge - Provides tools, documentation, and developer specific forums. I highly recommend joining this site. In particular, look at the Dev Wiki.
XOOPS API documentation - Generated by PHP Documentor, contains coding documentation of every core class, function.
XOOPS Module Kickstart Guide - Originally created by CoolPops, this is a simple tutorial on how to create a XOOPS module.

Zaphod
  • 2005/5/6 23:46

• Zaphod

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/4/17

Thanks, I'll go have a look.

LazyBadger

Quote:

ackbarr wrote:
XOOPS API documentation[/url] - Generated by PHP Documentor, contains coding documentation of every core class, function.

Had to say, that "good documented API must be something more, than output of PHP Documentor"... for obvious reasons - module writer want learn and see logic structure of API, not dirty definitions, this style of documentation doesn't give big help on first steps, doesn't answer on question "How to do <insert needed here>?"
I hope to see real API-docs somewhere in future

beagle
  • 2005/5/19 20:02

• beagle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/3/24

Is there another place for info on developing modules?

The Dev Wiki doesn't help much...

I can develop simple modules, but I want to move into developing more complicated modules and can't seem to find much info...

Thanks,
Beagle

ackbarr

Quote:

beagle wrote:
Is there another place for info on developing modules?

The Dev Wiki doesn't help much...

I can develop simple modules, but I want to move into developing more complicated modules and can't seem to find much info...

Thanks,
Beagle

You'll probably be best served then by posting specific questions in one of the development forums, either here or on dev.xoops.org.
IMO nothing beats jumping into the code with both feet though. Take an existing module that does something like what you want and tear into its code. Reading code is a tough, but very rewarding skill.

Mithrandir

Or startup a project on dev.xoops.org - especially if you have a good idea on something that we don't already have.

By joining dev.xoops.org, you will get access to the developer forums, where - although there are not many active discussions - all discussions relate to developing XOOPS and modules for XOOPS.

Login

Who's Online

226 user(s) are online (143 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 226

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits