skyrider
IPB install
  • 2005/5/16 20:24

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Ok... I give up. I have tried every way I can think to install this and get it to work... but other people have done it - *HOW*??

I *have* read the install instructions several times, but I seem to be not understanding them correctly.

Can someone give me an idiots guide to getting this installed please? Preferably in short sentences :)

martyboy
Re: IPB install
  • 2005/5/16 20:43

• martyboy

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/5/25

are you trying to install IPB standalone or the xipb module from http://www.bbpixel.com ?

If youre trying to install a standalone IPB i.e one you downloaded from invisionboard.com then I dont think this can be installed as a standard XOOPS module.

The xipb mod from bbpixel is a hacked version of ipb 1.3 made to install as a XOOPS module, although it does require overwriting some XOOPS core files.

If it is xipb your trying to install then you just upload content of upload directory within the zip file you downloaded to your XOOPS root directory then install as a normal module, there should be instructions in an html file on how to install it within the module package.

The guys at http://www.bbpixel.com are pretty helpful though should you be having more problems.

skyrider
  • 2005/5/17 1:42

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

martyboy wrote:
are you trying to install IPB standalone or the xipb module from http://www.bbpixel.com ?

If youre trying to install a standalone IPB i.e one you downloaded from invisionboard.com then I dont think this can be installed as a standard XOOPS module.

The xipb mod from bbpixel is a hacked version of ipb 1.3 made to install as a XOOPS module, although it does require overwriting some XOOPS core files.

If it is xipb your trying to install then you just upload content of upload directory within the zip file you downloaded to your XOOPS root directory then install as a normal module, there should be instructions in an html file on how to install it within the module package.

The guys at http://www.bbpixel.com are pretty helpful though should you be having more problems.

I'm trying to install IPB as a module within the standard XOOPS framework. In fact I'm now using a 'vanilla' install of XOOPS and then trying to upload IPB - 1.4ha now by the way :).

Here's where I start having problems. The install instructions begin as follows:

=========
Tutorial :: Install Fresh NEW

1. Copy overwritten all of content inside "upload" folder (include subs directories) into
"http://yoursite.com/Xoops_root_dir/".

=========

What I read from this is that I 'simply' upload everything *within* the directory (one folder at a time if necessary) into the root folder... *not* into the .xoops/modules/ directory.

There is obviously *something* I've not tried but right now I'm damned if I can work out exactly *what*!! I can see the ipboard module within the modules directory but it isn't showing up in the module list ready to be installed.

Basically, no matter what I've done so far, it simply does not seem to install or work! It's driving me crazy

m0nty
  • 2005/5/17 2:14

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

copy from x-ipb zip

class -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
include -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
kernel -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
uploads -> xoops_root overwriting existing.

misc.php -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
edituser.php -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
user.php -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
register.php -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
viewpmsg.php -> xoops_root overwriting existing.
userinfo.php -> xoops_root overwriting existing.

modules/system -> modules overwriting existing.
modules/ipboard -> modules

so basically all the files inside upload folder should be copied to your root XOOPS folder and make sure they overwrite your existing files.

then goto your ipboard folder which should be inside the modules folder

set permissions to chmod 777 on the folders:

cache 777
uploads 777
archive_in 777
archive-out 777
skin 777
style_images 777

set conf_global.php to 777

then goto XOOPS admin, click modules and then install the ipb module. once installed.. goto your forum (ot the forum admin) and then the tables will be created etc.. mke sure you fill in your username of the admin where it asks you to.. and that should be it..

if it doesn't show up or doesn't work then you are not uploading the files correctly.

skyrider
  • 2005/5/17 2:35

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

so basically all the files inside upload folder should be copied to your root XOOPS folder and make sure they overwrite your existing files.

Many thanks.... on the fifth attempt it all worked properly... and so, so quickly too! :)

God only knows what I was doing cos I'm *sure* I tried this before... but it's there.. and (for me) worth the effort...!

(btw: you are up *late*! - or is that early?)

m0nty
  • 2005/5/17 2:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'm up late.. lol

Login

Who's Online

209 user(s) are online (154 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 209

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Jun 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits