DonXoop
Future devel of newbb2?

I consider newbb2 a core module as much as any other core module (being used here at xoops.org). With the recent news I'm concerned about the future devel.

Some issues have cropped up since XOOPS 2.0.10 and I'm needing to fix them. The notification issues were fixed by updating custom templates affected with the upgrade. However my biggest issue now is that I can't save "Allowed Forum List" options in the blocks. I can't seem to find a fix for this.

Will newbb2 devel be stalled now? I can't casually upgrade the forum to a different one without being comfortable with the future of the new forum package and any potential issues with it.

Can we get some official word on direction and suggestions? What will xoops.org do about the forum being used here?

Gambero[removed]
Re: Future devel of newbb2?

CBB is next version of NewBB.

DonXoop

Quote:

Gambero wrote:
CBB is next version of NewBB.

Is that the official word? It doesn't look like xoops.org has moved to that one yet. I'll wait for a core developer to chime in.

Kainaij
  • 2005/5/13 17:44

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

As far as I know CBB is a fork of NewBB2. I am not expecting further development on it. I am looking forward to seeing how CBB progresses.

Coincidentally I am considering switching over from NewBB2 to CBB today on my site. I am hoping that the switch goes well.

jdseymour

It went smoothly for me. Just remember to update your cloned templates if any.

Kainaij
  • 2005/5/13 18:42

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Thank you for that tip. Since I do not want to hijack this thread I have a question regarding x-ipb (based on ipb 1.3.1) and x-ipb (based on ipb 2.0) here.

DonXoop

Thanks but I wasn't looking for fans of one forum or another. Looking for word on newbb2 itself. The forum used right here, right now on this site.

wcrwcr
  • 2005/5/13 23:58

• wcrwcr

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/12/12

Hi

Quote:
Thanks but I wasn't looking for fans of one forum or another. Looking for word on newbb2 itself. The forum used right here, right now on this site.

Agree with your point Don.
I think that newbb2 rocks.
It will be a pitty to let that niece piece of code on the mud.

Dave_L
  • 2005/5/14 0:23

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

My guess is that CBB will replace NewBB, but that's not official. phppp is apparently the only remaining newBB developer, so it will probably depend on his plans.

DonXoop

Bump..........

Any word a little more certain than a guess? What happens to the forum on xoops.org?

Login

Who's Online

185 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 185

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits