it should fix all of these issues.

m0nty
Re: Transferring Members from Invision Boards to XOOPS
  • 2005/5/7 2:59

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

I found out that the problem was within common.php that the Invision Board Module gave, but I'm not quite sure what is causing the problem but atleast I can see user.php now.

if you had actually looked on the homepage of bbpixel.com you would have seen several topics dealing with problems of x-ipb module.. you would have also found out how to fix those problems.

the problem was due to the latest release 1.4H still containg 2.0.9.2 core files, it was unfortunate mistake by koudanshi, but you could have fixed it by using the core update pack for 2010 which was provided on bbpixel.com.

the latest download X-IPB 1.4Ha which has been updated today by koudanshi now contains the correct XOOPS 2.0.10 core files, so the update core pack is not needed anymore. you will not get the problems you mentioned using the module now..

Rocenos
  • 2005/5/7 13:54

• Rocenos

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/28

Well, I really don't want to use IPB Board, I just want to get my members, and when I installed that module, I didn't see anyway to import members from my previous Invision Board.

m0nty
  • 2005/5/7 14:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

ok no probs..

i s'pose an easy method would be to install x-ipb, and then use the ipb original convertor to x-ipb 1.4 which is in the miscellaneous section on bbpixel.

once converted you could uninstall x-ipb and all the users will still be in your database..

i could possibly edit the converter script and remove all the parts of the converter except for the users section if need be.. but it'll probly be sometime next week when i get round to it..

Rocenos
  • 2005/5/7 15:37

• Rocenos

• Just popping in

How exactly does installing the module get me my original users from my existing IPB Board? I've installed it, and read the instructions but i haven't quite figured that part out.

m0nty
  • 2005/5/7 15:46

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

there's a convertor script (seperate to the x-ipb module) in the downloads section which converts all your users, topics, forums, category's etc into the x-ipb module so basically all your ipb forum is transferred to x-ipb module.

the users are stored in the xoops_users table.. so regardless of whether you uninstall x-ipb or not, the imported users will still be there no matter what..

Rocenos
  • 2005/5/7 23:36

• Rocenos

• Just popping in

This is right? I can't figure out how to use it on my existing database.

If I'm looking at the wrong one please correct me.

m0nty
  • 2005/5/7 23:49

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

thats the actual x-ipb module.. it's basically ipb forum but as a module integrated with xoops..

u install that first..

then you use the ipb original to x-ipb convertor to transfer your existing database.. all the instructions are in the readme files included with the zip..

the converter is in the miscellaneous > convertors section of bbpixel downloads.

if u really don't want to install and use x-ipb, then it might be worth a wait till i can convert the convertor to just transfer existing users only and nothing else..

Rocenos
  • 2005/5/8 2:55

• Rocenos

• Just popping in

Okay,I decided that I would just use IPB Board. I installed the forums, no problem. I converted everything, no problem. All my members can login now.

Then when I tried to import my old skin for the forums, I put it in the archive_in folder and when I pressed the Import button I got a blank page. Someone sent me a PM and I realized that my Inbox page was also blank.

Any idea why I am getting these blank pages?

Rocenos
  • 2005/5/10 1:42

• Rocenos

• Just popping in

It seems to go from viewmsg.php to index.php for the Inbox, and I still haven't figured out the skin system. Any ideas?

Login

Who's Online

196 user(s) are online (145 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 196

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits