skyrider
Another blank Page.
  • 2005/5/5 2:42

• skyrider

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Installed 2.0.1.0 and it all went perfectly - except there is a blank page when I load index.php

Why isn't it working... and what should I do first to get at the site? :)

m0nty
Re: Another blank Page.
  • 2005/5/5 2:45

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

read the FAQ section or search the site for blank page.. there are many topics covering it and the FAQ section has a whole section dedicated to troubleshooting

skyrider
  • 2005/5/5 3:13

• skyrider

• Just popping in

Quote:

m0nty wrote:
read the FAQ section or search the site for blank page.. there are many topics covering it and the FAQ section has a whole section dedicated to troubleshooting

Looked at the FAQ and followed the instructions... changed error reporting to E_ALL.... then added a .htaccess file in same directory as index.php and got a blank page.

I am assuming the 'errors' would show up on the page I'm viewing... but nothing appears.

The FAQ basically says to add it wherever there is a problem but since I can see nothing, I can't tell if it's *really* at the entry point that the error lies.

Stuck :(

m0nty
  • 2005/5/5 3:18

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

check that the correct file permissions are set..

chmod cache, templates_c, uploads to 777

check also that files aren't corrupt or that all files have been uploaded correctly.. sometimes they get corrupted whilst uploading.. it would just be a matter of uploading the files again (all EXCEPT for mainfile.php) do not overwrite mainfile.php, back that file up 1st if u want to try reuploading the files..

brash
  • 2005/5/5 4:09

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

What PHP version are you using? I ran into a blank page issue the other day on my Windows 2003 Server due to the fact that I upgraded to PHP 5.0.4, and a MySQL connector is not loaded by default as in PHP 4.3.X. I needed to load the MySQL DLL from the extensions diretory in php.ini.

skyrider
  • 2005/5/6 4:11

• skyrider

• Just popping in

How odd... replied to brash and my response was thrown out three times!

(Hmmm... I wonder if it's Zonealarm again... if you see this then it was cos I just closed it!)

Anyway, was just saying I got it all working by deleting the entire thing and reinstalling.

I knew it *should* work - I've used it before and know how good it is. In fact it has one of the best installers of all the CMS's out there.

Also said thanks for the support - good to know you're there! :)

No doubt will drop back in while configuring errors crop up.

Thanks guys.

Chris

Login

Who's Online

549 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 549

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits