woody1
Am I just blind, stupid or both? Very simple problem
  • 2005/5/4 3:29

• woody1

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/4 3

I installed V2, added all the modules, how in the world do I do my daily post so it shows up on the front page? What am I missing here, im pulling my hair out and I am sure I am overlooking something so simple. Help

jdseymour
Re: Am I just blind, stupid or both? Very simple problem

Sorry woody1,

Could you be a little more specific as to what you are trying to do. Do you want a block on the front page or use the module page as your front page. Either way see this Faq Section lots of answers to your type of question there.

script_fu

System Admin >> >> Preferences Main >> >> General Settings

Set...

Module for your start page = "News"

Then scroll to the bottom hit go...

That will display news on the front page but you might not like the url. In news 1.3 there is a spotlight feature which will put short titles on the front page instead.

Its all in the way you want to present your content. Also you can use one of the short url hacks to display what ever you want but it sure is hard to revert back to regular urls once you have installed the short url hack.

woody1
  • 2005/5/4 3:40

• woody1

• Just popping in

you guys rock, I dumped mambo, thank god I love XOOPS alot better and am looking forward to using this daily

woody1
  • 2005/5/4 5:12

• woody1

• Just popping in

Ok who wants to make some fast paypal money? LOL I switched news to the front page, but regular registered users can submit news, thats a NO-NO, can i turn that off and I dont like the way it looks, take a look here http://www.12thscales.com/rc I just want the front page to display my daily ramblings in a very simplsitic way. Maybe im too tired tonight to understand this

MadFish
  • 2005/5/4 5:24

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

In the preferences for the news module there is a setting where you can control who can post news. The method varies between versions but in News 1.3 I think it is under the 'permissions' tab.

I'm not sure how you want to change the look, but you can tinker with the templates for that module if you want to alter the layout a bit.

woody1
  • 2005/5/4 5:28

• woody1

• Just popping in

Quote:

MadFish wrote:
In the preferences for the news module there is a setting where you can control who can post news. The method varies between versions but in News 1.3 I think it is under the 'permissions' tab.

I'm not sure how you want to change the look, but you can tinker with the templates for that module if you want to alter the layout a bit.
hmmm i got Version 1.1 let me go find 1.3?

Herko
  • 2005/5/4 8:45

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

You can find News 1.3 here

Herko

Login

Who's Online

263 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 263

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits