zephar123
Article Management System (AMS) 2.41 seems corrupted
  • 2005/4/29 15:22

• zephar123

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/29

Hey all first I must say im lovign XOOPS it seems awsome. So far only problem I am having is the module above. THe description for it is exactly what i need, but anytime I upload a file link is missing and I get the moduel missing. At first I thought my upload must have been corrupted so I uploaded the zip and unziped it right onto the server same problem!!! :(. I am not having this problem with any other modules and the only conclusion I can come to is the website link to download it from may be corrupt. DOes anyone have a known workign copy. Or have any ideas please let me know.

Paul

Mithrandir
Re: Article Management System (AMS) 2.41 seems corrupted

What is the exact error message you get? And where? Are you sure the files are placed in the correct folder structure? The xoops_version.php (and article.php, index.php etc.) should be in Xoops_root/modules/AMS/

(Note the capital letters for the module directory name)

terminal
  • 2005/6/2 13:07

• terminal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/30

yes this module is suurely corrupted (atleast setup i got from this forum ) . U can download and see urself . It says module file missing. I have uploaded all files on server properly and third time i uploaded zip file and extracted right there but no success . I tried on XOOPS 2.0.10 .. maybe XOOPS 2.0.10 does not support this :(.

I am very fed up now trying to install this :( i jhave installed articles module for XOOPS from sirium.net and that to giving me hell lot of problem with articles upload .. ANybody knows any good module for articles

h2oguyofnh
  • 2005/6/3 11:08

• h2oguyofnh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/29

Same thing here. Message across the top of the screen:

Module File for AMS Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!Module File for Not Found!

note that I downloaded this and after it was unstuffed I had to strip away "folder" from the directory which now reads:

XOOPS2_mod_AMS_2.41

davidl2
  • 2005/6/3 11:23

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Check to see if the module is not in another containing directory .

m0nty
  • 2005/6/3 13:55

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

re read mith's post.. and make sure the folder is called AMS

in AMS folder make sure that's where xoops_version.php is.. if you can't find the folder you have to rename it to AMS

terminal
  • 2005/6/3 14:07

• terminal

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/30

ooh is it so .. i thought we can keep any name for modules .. btw that zip file should have readme abt it coz after extraction it doesnt keeps its name as AMS. Thanks for pointing out . i will try it

davidl2
  • 2005/6/3 14:13

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

You can rename modules - but not at the directory level.

m0nty
  • 2005/6/3 14:13

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i'll mention it to Brash when he returns from his vacation.. maybe he can repackage it with the correct folder name :)

jdseymour

I contacted hem about it before. His response was that he did update it. Maybe it is updated on his site, but not in the repository.

Login

Who's Online

134 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 134

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits