Re: Whats going on with XOOPS
  • 2005/4/27 8:16

• kiang

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

The news from Japanese supporting site:
http://www.xoopscube.jp/modules/news/article.php?storyid=292

You could try to realize it through on-line translation service :
http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?u=http://www.xoopscube.jp/modules/news/article.php%3Fstoryid%3D292

Quote:
At the birthplace xoops.org the XOOPS2.0.10 was done release formally.
Http: //www.xoops.org/modules/news/article.php? Storyid=2212

Whether everyone of the user of part already knowing, the しれません, as the Japanese official sight this (the birthplace 2.0.10) it did not support, it came to the point of keeping developing individual version in for the Japanese community. Presently development of next term version is advanced with urgent pitch, you think whether the Japanese edition 2.0.9.4 or 2.0.10 RC (release candidacy) is released within several days.

When in the future, the Japanese edition XOOPS being used it is desired, as for upgrade to the version which release is done please make sure not to do from the birthplace.

Furthermore, presently the development member of the Japanese edition XOOPS has become as mentioned below.

Minahito
Nobunobu
Onokazu
Ryuji

In addition, it has had participating in the development mailing list even in the GIJOE person as a module developer.

kiang
  • 2005/4/27 8:41

• kiang

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/9/2 1

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Geez! "I am feeling the same way" is REALLY something we can use.

BE SPECIFIC OR DON'T COMPLAIN!

I'm getting angry here because apparently some people expect us to know everything that is going on everywhere else when noone tells us anything. I'm sorry, I cannot read Chinese. I cannot read Japanese. I can only barely read French. I can NOT know what is going on if noone says anything.

I don't know why there are so many gaps between different locally supporting sites. Why there are no contact points between each site of xoops.org??

I surely respect you could know everything because we have no that ability to stand at that place as you. Complaining is common in general people like me. I'm not mean that it's good thing to do. But I just try to let you know that I have no idea about the next step you will do.

Quote:
Quote:
I think we need clear rules to follow.

clear rules of WHAT? What is it that you need? What have you done to suggest this? What have you done to improve matters?

Demanding is easy. Complaining, too. Contributing is difficult.

Rules to prevent any more forks happened.

Mithrandir

If you cannot be more specific, I have no more to say.

Apparently the Japanese community does not feel that information worthy of a notice here. And no local support site has approached us with ideas on how to improve the communication between them and the XOOPS organisation. Noone has said that he or she would like to give monthly reports on what is going on at their local site.

ayumi
  • 2005/4/27 9:34

• ayumi

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/4/24

Hi,
I am sorry to find the gap between www.xoops.org and www.xoopscube.jp. The XOOPS Japanese team think they need to build new developer team because they need to provide secure XOOPS system more speedy and timely.

I see the developer team at www.xoops.org seeks more function-rich CMS rather than simple, secure and flexible CMS which XOOPS Japanese team would think of.

I think it may be good for us that we have a choice between them. Of course, I think it would be better if we would corporate together.
I’d like to report news if I get new information at www.xoopscube.jp .

brash
  • 2005/4/27 9:47

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

Hi kiang,

Quote:

I don't know why there are so many gaps between different locally supporting sites. Why there are no contact points between each site of xoops.org??

This is a good starting point, and a very valid question. Are there contacts for each local community site, and what is being done in terms of information sharing between these people?

Creating rules to try and prevent people from leaving is not the answer, removing/overcoming the issues that is making them want to leave is.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/27 10:36

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

well clearly now i understand what this is all about.. well i think i do, but i'm still as confused as every1 else here..

i happen to agree with mith in that how can anything be rectified or sorted or anything if nobody is informing any1 about developments..

i see lots of open discussion here on xoops.org, dev.xoops and also sourceforge sites.. but nowhere have i seen any actual discussion from the japanese developers.. maybe there has been discussion, but it's not been in english that's for sure. and hmm translators don't always do a good job of translating and can make u even more confused than before.

what do people want? i suggest you all get together on a forum all developers and put your arguments down 1 at a time, say what's bothering you, and why you are uhappy.. get everything out on the table. no interuptions till you've said your pieces.. and then discuss everyones disagreements and see if you can work something out..

the ball is in both courts, but nobody is prepred to share information then it's obvious what the outcome will be, do youreally wnt that outcome really?? if u say yes now to splitting then really there is no point discussing it.. but if the japanese community do want to discuss then that's a start but lay it out all the grievances etc and lets find a way to work 'TOGETHER'

Nu-nrg
  • 2005/4/27 11:59

• Nu-nrg

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/11

I feel this jp.xoops problem that 1st purpose is "providing secure XOOPS system more speedy and timely" too.
And most Japanese can't use english very well,communications are insufficient. .
Sometimes knowledge of the latest technology obstructs communications of hearing others' opinions.
Using English is needless to say to the best method it for the person in a lot of countries.

Fortunately, XOOPS was able to grow up to a large community.
A realistic organization making where the developer between foreign countries can take cooperation as the following new problem might be necessary for these problems.

A tenacious effort to hear person's opinion and to persuade others might have been lacked only a little.

Let's complete XOOPS not defeated at other CMS.

m0nty
  • 2005/4/27 12:41

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

i agree nu-nrg,

this is what's needed, obviously there are japanese members that can speak english.. the question is are they/you willing to put in a bit more time to liaise between your developers and xoops.org devs and combine your efforts..

security is an issue, and features are an issue because members keep requesting features.. ok a line has to be drawn as to what features can be implemented etc but a combined effort and a sharing of information is a *must*.. will the japanese community provide the information on security to xoops.org and help build it together?? but the liasing between both communities needs addressing and that can only happen with community support itself..

Gambero[removed]

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
If you cannot be more specific, I have no more to say.

Apparently the Japanese community does not feel that information worthy of a notice here. And no local support site has approached us with ideas on how to improve the communication between them and the XOOPS organisation. Noone has said that he or she would like to give monthly reports on what is going on at their local site.

So I am here to represent a Slovenian XOOPS Local support page. In our country only few are using XOOPS ... maybe 20 people. And we don't have people interested to help. SO we just can't help you here ... I can help but I am the only one ... I feel really bad on what is happening with Xoops.

Is this some kind of war between Japan and England XOOPS team ?

m0nty
  • 2005/4/27 12:51

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

no i don't think it's a war.. just more a total breakdown in communication along the lines somewhere.. i don't know the full extent of everything but that's what stands out the most..

Login

Who's Online

174 user(s) are online (111 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 174

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits